. .
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    lee the first post I wrote was 17 hrs to be approved and the above reply 5 hrs but I just thought this was the norm

a lot of forum will only let you post 5 or 6 time until you reach a pre-set amount like 50 post to stop people spamming the forum

o'well here's to plain sailing

Jonathan Yes please I will PM you if that's ok

James & Luke

While he is good on price, after talking with i2i in person, I've decided not to go with him for my build.

Have a look at Merchant Dice's Supported rail and Zapp's bearing blocks.

while you are there take a look at Zapp's ballscrew and anti-backlash nuts(£21).

it may be a tad more then china, but the pros are :It WILL be straight, it Will be quick and if you have an issue you can return it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    it may be a tad more then china, but the pros are :It WILL be straight, it Will be quick and if you have an issue you can return it quickly.
    It's quite a lot more expensive than China, but up to you I guess...
    If you order the ballscrews and rails together you wont have any problem with them being straight as the rails are strong and they will protect the screws as it's all packed together. I didn't have a problem with any of the parts I bought not being straight... even the 2100mm ballscrews were fine and they came on their own.

He's generally pretty quick ... despatch in a couple of days and the shipping takes 2 or 3 days.

I got, for £280, two RM2510-2094mm and one RM1610-905mm ballscrew for £280, that's with different end machining too. From Zapp the same would be £478!! Without end machining it's about the same price ... but assuming you've not got a lathe you need that, though I would do it myself.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 26-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.

here is a image of the router table I'm going to make

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	4276

I am going to make some changes to it

first change will be the gantry up-rights will be in extrusion and have supported rail on the X-axis R25

James & Luke

Just a little update on progress

I have received the following Items

8 SC20UU x 4 pcs Linear Ball Bearing these are for y,z axis
    4 SK20 Shaft Support ID20mm Samic
    3 X Stepper Motor - 3 Nm, CNC Mill/DIY

and I have ordered the following

three stepper mount for the above stepper motors from Jonathan Thank you Jonathan
    Ball screw support ordered again from Jonathan
    and -RM1605-1100mm with ballnut and end mached+ a set BK/BF12+1pc Coupler 8mm*10mm(8mm is for motor shaft) SBR25-1100mm(2supported rails and 12 bearing blocks)

Next on my list is the aluminium extrusion but not until I work out the size of my bed
    I believe a thread lenght of 1063mm from a shaft length of 1100mm but I haven't decided the (y axis) length yet I think I may go with 700mm witch should give me a cutting footprint of 900x500?

the intended usage of this machine is oak,MDF,pine,acrylic and small amounts of aluminium (and even a plotter cutter for my wife crafting)

I have uploaded Draft sight and working on using it

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    I have received the following Items

8 SC20UU x 4 pcs Linear Ball Bearing these are for y,z axis
    4 SK20 Shaft Support ID20mm Samic
    You're not using supported rails then

and I have ordered the following

three stepper mount for the above stepper motors from Jonathan Thank you Jonathan
    Ball screw support ordered again from Jonathan
    [/COLOR]
    Will be ready by tomorrow...

RM1605-1100mm with ballnut and end mached+ a set BK/BF12+1pc Coupler 8mm*10mm(8mm is for motor shaft) SBR25-1100mm(2supported rails and 12 bearing blocks)
    12 bearing blocks!! That seems a bit extreme for two rails. I wonder how much difference it would make if you used more than two blocks per rail...

Anyway, centre height of the BK12 block is 25mm and total height of the SBR25 rail and block is 60mm. That means I need to make the centre height of the ballnut mount 60mm-25mm=35mm. Do you agree?

I may use supported rails I bought these bearings before I found the better priced supported on ebay

I can always use them for a rail guided rip saw later or sell them on ebay

I agree with the height of the mount

i don't under stand why there is 12 bearings I will have to see when they come ?? I thought it was 4 bearings and 2 support bearings for the ball screw ??

O'well looks like I will be going 25mm supported on the Y,Z axis as well or sell the remainder

James

well it's started, big time.
    I bought my aluminium extrusion today just waiting wanting and more waiting for my stuff from china?? But now I will have to wait even longer for the extra ball screw and supports to come as I've decided to add a extra ball screw to stop it creeping as I have read on similar posts I may even up grade to stepper motors from 23 to 34's (but unsure at the moment)

I will post a image later when I have made my bed

James and a excited Luke

But now I will have to wait even longer for the extra ball screw and supports to come as I've decided to add a extra ball screw to stop it creeping
    Have you decided to get the next one from the same place?

as I have read on similar posts I may even up grade to stepper motors from 23 to 34's (but unsure at the moment)
    I think for the size of your machine it's not neccecary. Remember that since the motor rotors are a greater diameter, their moment of inertia is much greater causing the feedrates / acceleration to be lower ... unless you use a higher voltage. For a size 34 to run effectively you would want higher voltage (mains) drivers. My machine is doubtless heavier, and I've settled with 10m/min rapid feed on the slowest axis - X. It's plenty...though I wouldn't say no to bigger motors!

I will post a image later when I have made my bed
    Early night

and a excited Luke

little up date

as requested by JCB (Jess) some images of the cnc machine.

Name:	Luke11cnc2.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	4336

Name:	Luke11cnc4.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	4337

ball screws and supported rails should be here today or Friday
    the extra ball screw, support bearing is on it's way
    I am going to add a 90 degree bracket to x-axis and cnc leg so I can put supported rails on the top and ball screw to the underside of the 45x60 profile

Items next on my list to buy

some more aluminium extrusion 45x45 profile for the bed and 40x120(for the gantry uprights

drivers from ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_3337wt_905

I am in no rush to make this cnc router just yet but only because finding the extra money is a big issue. However I must admit me and my son are enjoying making it together :heehee::heehee:

James and Luke

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information