. .
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Looking good so far. I would add some cross supports near the bottom of the legs on all sides to prevent any movement. The natural movement of the drives will cause the frame to sway and you dont want that to happen.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Looking good so far. I would add some cross supports near the bottom of the legs on all sides to prevent any movement. The natural movement of the drives will cause the frame to sway and you dont want that to happen.

Ian
    Yes definitely, and some triangulation wouldn't go amiss.

yes that is what the extrusion is for against the wall and Four more 45x45 on the bed

bits have arrived BUT I'm waiting for Luke to come home so HE can open the package

sorry lad's and girls (if any) but this is a Father and son bonding project

I will post images of items when Luke gets home

He is at work with the wife until 2.00 pm

James (excited and eager):tup::tup::heehee::heehee:

Here's the brackets I've made for you:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0032 (Large).jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	4345

Name:	Photo0024 (Large).jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	4346

Name:	Photo0023 (Large).jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	267.1 KB 
ID:	4347

Name:	Photo0028 (Large).jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	4348

Unfortunately it's 4mm aluminium not 5mm. I was told it was 5mm and didn't check ... hope that's ok

they look the dog's b's Jonathan

thank you

well the ball screw ends where a bit tight.
    The big bearing end had to go in the oven and be persuaded with a big adjuster (lump hammer and a socket) but now the lock nut at the end will not go on (yes) i must of caught the thread when I had the persuader in action

not to worry I don't think it's going anywhere or should I have it rethreaded :question::question:

James and Luke

we are going to start bolting down the supported rails on Sunday:rofl::rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    well the ball screw ends where a bit tight.
    It varied between 11.992mm and 12.000mm depending on where I measured ... so a slight taper.

The big bearing end had to go in the oven and be persuaded with a big adjuster (lump hammer and a socket) but now the lock nut at the end will not go on (yes) i must of caught the thread when I had the persuader in action
    Typical, I'd try it and see. If they don't fall off then no problem. On my RM1610 ballscrew (Y-axis) I had the opposite problem yesterday - the bearing was not as tight as yours and I must have not done the nut up tight enough...took me ages to work out what what causing the Y-axis to loose position.

not to worry I don't think it's going anywhere or should I have it rethreaded :question::question:
    Bigger spanner!! But first check that the two grubscrews in the edge of the nut which lock it in position are out. Also check the pieces that the grubscrews push onto the thread are not interfering as if they've rotated a little they will stop the nut. I had that problem on one of the nuts that came with the RM2510 ballscrews, so a bit bigger.

I've made the extra 4 brackets - 8mm holes and better finish this time. Couplings almost done too...

More brackets, the two couplings and the ballnut mount (finally) done:

Name:	DSC08287 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	296 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	4350

Name:	DSC08288 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	333 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	4351

(Sorry they're a bit blurred - the camera wont focus for some reason)

ok a up date
    after prizing my son out of bed and then 10 min's later off his computer we made some progress
    and did some work in the garage on the CNC machine

and here is the images of today's progress on the x-axis

we first (me) with the aid of pritt stick glued the printed templates to the 75x75 angle and then centre punched it, as image 1

Name:	IMGP0002.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	4363

after centre punch the template was removed and we then drill the angle out with a 6.8mm drill as in this next image and yes that is the young man that is building the CNC machine.

Name:	IMGP0003.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	4362

after we drilled the holes (long, long time and lots of oil)

we bolted the bearings to the angle as in this next image

Name:	IMGP0001.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	4364

after some choice words we finished and he went back to his computer, great I can get some work done (bless him, dad your drill is much better than the drill at school it would take hours to drill one hole, and we did 16 in 11/29 poor me)

But it was worth it just to see a smile on his little face

any way sitting down and having a coffee i thought how am I going to get two rail square?

this is what I came up with

Name:	IMGP0004.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	4361

and after some playing around with G clamps and guide it all worked out fine, smooth movement with NO binding

Name:	IMGP0006.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	4365

looking good

Name:	IMGP0005.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	4366

WHAT DO WE DO NEXT :question::question::question::question::question: :question::question:

I have one ball screw and the other one is on it's way and Jonathan has cut the support for them both

James and Luke the short one but never ever tell him please

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information