. .
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Day Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    PU does come in handy, but a proper instant gasket is what will be needed.
    I'm not sure what you can get aftermarket that isn't just overpriced black silicon, hence my suggestion of either the Ford or VX stuff.

So, I will have all my CNC stuff my this Week.

Only problem is, due to this motorbike mess, I have no money for the frame!

And I'm going on holiday next week so no building for atleast 3-4 weeks! :(

Threebond 1194 is what you want. It's the replacement of the product that used to be sold as yamabond/suzukibond (has no lead in it now). Comes in a tube for about £22, apply it with a small brush so it goes on thin. Before you join the cases make sure there are no raised edges from prybar bodgery to hold the case halves apart, as air leaks spell death for 2-strokes.

The powervalve isn't essential to the running of the bike, in fact some bikes were sold with the valve present but no actuator - the valve was fixed in a pre-set location (the TZR125 was not sold with the actuator as a uk bike in fact). If your piston was damaged then that would be the cause of the very poor power at low revs, the valve just alters the port timing to provide increased drivability down low and high throughput at revs. If you had no valve, you would suffer from poor low down response but not to the level you are describing. Bottom line is - you don't need one for getting about.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter. View Post
    Threebond 1194 is what you want. It's the replacement of the product that used to be sold as yamabond/suzukibond (has no lead in it now). Comes in a tube for about £22, apply it with a small brush so it goes on thin. Before you join the cases make sure there are no raised edges from prybar bodgery to hold the case halves apart, as air leaks spell death for 2-strokes.
    Thank you, there is 100grams for £10 on the fleabay so will have to buy that!

So, Not really an update but finally got my electronics sorted :D

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC electronics.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	4330

and I think I hit my Aim of it being cheap-ish.

all of it for just under £180 quid, still £170 too much though!! :heehee:

My other bits should be here Friday :D

Has finally got all my stuff!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC Parts.png 
Views:	345 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	4335

Why do i have to go on holiday now!!

I also picked up some 1104 three bond instead of the 1194,

1194 is safer to use as it doesn't use Lead. but i thought, I ride a 2t, I'll live on the edge for a bit :P

Now, all I need is some electrical wire, a Crap load of Aluminium and I'll be done.

I really need some spindle mounts, Nema 23 Mounts and Ball screw mounts though......

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    I really need some spindle mounts, Nema 23 Mounts and Ball screw mounts though......
    Sounds like a job for me :whistling: Have you seen the ones of all those I've posted recently?

jess
    only one ball screw on your x-axis??

James

yes, I have a sliding Bed design so I only need one, not only that, but the entire cnc will be more rigid and make things better,

Jess.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    yes, I have a sliding Bed design so I only need one, not only that, but the entire cnc will be more rigid and make things better,
    A sliding bed does not mean you only need one ballscrew to drive it. When the cutter is at either limit of the Y-axis travel and cutting parallel to the X-axis the cutting force will create a significant torque on the bed causing it to deflect. How much it deflects depends on the spacing of the bearings supporting the bed, the distance between them and of course the cutting force. Two ballscrews completely eliminates this problem. It's like trying to go round a corner fast in a Reliant Robin...it does work but not as well.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information