. .
    Ladies and Gents,

Facing Redundancy from the Army and looking for a suitable job - CNC looks like the area for me however, I am in the dark with where to start to enter in to your industry.

A bit about me - I have served 12 years as an Aircraft Technican (Mechanical) and have a BTEC in Aerospace Engineering and a NVQ Lvl 3 in Mechanical Engineering.

But, that probably means nothing in this area!

I need help! I want to go in to the Programming i think.

1. Where are the best courses at?
    2. Which courses should i start with?
    3. Which courses are more widely used - Fanuc, Siemens etc
    4. Are all courses certified by a industry regulation or something - don't want to get caught out on a course/certificate that isn't recognised.

To be honest ladies and gents any information will be greatly received.

Kind Regards

Adam

bad luck on the job man :sad:
    cant really help you on the cetification route, most on here build their own machines and are self taught with CAD/CAM
    im pretty sure some on here make a few quid with cnc but wisley keep their commercial ventures under their hat

A bit about me - I have served 12 years as an Aircraft Technican (Mechanical) and have a BTEC in Aerospace Engineering and a NVQ Lvl 3 in Mechanical Engineering.

But, that probably means nothing in this area!
    not true, the main tool (the grey stuff between the ears) you already have, the only thing you need besides that in my opinion is gumption... lots of it

the software can be a nightmare to get into but if you push for long enough it starts to become worth the effort

it might be a good idea to enrol at uni and build a small cnc at home in conjuction with what ever tecnical course you take

it might be worth giving jonathan a shout for advice on a good course to take... hes at uni himself and building his own cnc machines

good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blackburn mark For This Useful Post:

Thread Information