. .
    I have a brand new USBCNC board here, never been out to box other than for a look.
    http://www.edingcnc.com/index.php?pa...productenid=18

Will swap for a new water cooled 0.8 kw spindle, just spindle, not bothered about the VFD.

Bit of a saving for someone.

John S.
    John S -

2. PM sent
    Cheers
    Patrick

Can I give this a bit of a bump up to the top in case someone is looking for an alternative to Mach or wants USB connectivity.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Can I give this a bit of a bump up to the top
    This forum must be getting bigger if bumping is now required!

in case someone is looking for an alternative to Mach or wants USB connectivity.
    I'm interested in it, but alas I've not got a 0.8kW spindle to exchange. I've got a Siemens 550W VFD which might be suitable for the spindle if you're interested? Oh, lucky I just read the first post again ... looks like you're not.

Still cheaper to buy a new spindle from China, which usually gets in under the radar than pay full price plus VAT for the USB board from Bert.

I know I won't get what it cost but not bothered.

Only reason I'm doing it this way is I really need to clear some stuff out and sooner than sell it I thought I'd like to try a water cooled spindle, not actually waiting for one, got a couple of air cooled ones in service and a few VFD's as well.

'Found' a box of about 8 Arturo Duncan C11G breakout boards of various marks yesterday, need checking and getting rid of later.
    John S -

Still cheaper to buy a new spindle from China, which usually gets in under the radar than pay full price plus VAT for the USB board from Bert.
    Still more than I'd like to pay for one :lol: The increased frequency and things would be nice, but not worth that much more that mach3 in my opinion. The radar spotted my spindle ... they've installed a better radar recently.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 11-08-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Was that the dearer 2.2Kw one ? Without having previous dealt with whoever you don't know how they list the customs returns.
    So far no one has ever listed the contents correctly as regards price.

I have noticed thought that whilst goods from China seem to get passed over, goods from the USA get hammered every time.
    Even had repaired boards charged for again when sent back, try arguing that, you can never find anyone interested and Parcel Force state on their form they will not get involved.
    John S -

Was that the dearer 2.2Kw one ? Without having previous dealt with whoever you don't know how they list the customs returns.
    It was from solar.jean as I heard they were good ... and he was the cheapest. I used best offer to get it even cheaper too.

The threshold for charges, if not a gift is £18 value on the form. Even if it is marked as a gift they are still allowed to charge if it looks like the item is from a company. Soon to go down to £15...

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...yType=document

I reckon we get charged more often from the USA since they tend to put nearer the correct value on the declaration form. Maybe I'm just imagining it, would be interesting to check if you've received any valued at over £18 from HK/China which were not charged.

All the ballscrews I have been sent, usually in 3's, have come in under the radar. Expecting another parcel of screws this coming week so I'll check the paperwork when they arrive.
    Never though to check what the value was stated at on previous orders.
    John S -

Thread Information