. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by remrendes View Post
    Hi! Good to know, there is one more fanatic in a local area. :)
    Well, I wouldn't say it was local to me, but it is the right side of Harrogate!

Ohh, really not local, but not too far.

I've had Sunday on the calendar for several months, it's a tool acquisition sortie,

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

It wasn't really what I wanted, but was fun with a lot of locomotive. I think I have seen only two CNC in the exhibition.
    So where will be a next one? :) Hopefully with a little bit more machines.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 54 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Probably Bristol in mid-August, then Brooklands near Woking (this is the exhibition that used to be held at Sandown in December but was not held last year) in September. Then comes the Midlands show near Leamington Spa in October. I shall be on the SMEE stand for all of those and happy to say hello.

Oh dear - just realised that I have publicly admitted to belonging to a model engineering society. Now everyone knows that I buy the contents of workshops from elderly widows for a pittance and flog them on eBay for personal profit...

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Probably Bristol in mid-August, ...
    Will have a stand there . Anyone going is more than welcome to say hello. They are doing lectures this year that would be interesting to see too.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Thanks!
    And I know there will be a "UK Robotics Week" at the end of the month in a different locations. I'm going to visit the University in Leeds or Sheffield.
    In my origial country, sometimes there are a much smaller social meetings/greetings with the other CNC machine builders or fanatics. We should do one in a middle UK
    You can see some pictures: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Xc&usp=sharing

It wasn't really what I wanted, but was fun with a lot of locomotive. I think I have seen only two CNC in the exhibition.
    I usually reach the locomotive overload event horizon fairly early but did you see the Live Steam OO Gauge, who wouldn't want one of those?
    And the turbine demo was fantastic!
    The rest of my time was mostly a rummage for some specific plus any interesting tooling.
    There was a stand with some 3D printers knocking out decent prints (for hobby kit), their leaflet said "affordable" but their website says "How Much!" Harrogate prices at a Doncaster show? ;-)

- Nick

Yes, the turbine was awsome and a CNC lathe. But it was not a machine building, just a modifying. :)
    I hoped I could see more home made CNC's.

I hoped I could see more home made CNC's.
    That's predominantly not the "Model Engineer Way" where "Model Engineer" usually equates to "Man With Train Related Tunnel Vision", off the shelf conversions and ex-educational CNC equipment are the norm.
    I dumped my local "Model Engineering Society" because it was in fact only a "Model Train Society", they all went on holiday to ride boring modern foreign trains and brought slideshows back with which to thrill us at meetings!
    Woo Hoo! Get You Some of That!
    NOT! ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information