. .
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    bloody hell Jazz has been working hard

that look's amazing

nice work lads and just think you can make money of that just from the CNC machine plans alone

I saw some one selling plans for £120.00 on ebay last week

James

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Probably best if I answer this question.!
    That's perfect! thank you very much :tup:

3. Folks,

Great news Ball screws are here and will be shipped to Jazz tomorrow. Also, with the aid of my wife we swapped the ball screws nuts without loosing a single ball bearing from either of them. I will admit that we set up and had a plan and soft cloth under the ball screws as we transferring them.

Right now trying to figure out how to use IGUS chain (or something like it) in the space I have to use for protection of the power/control cables to the motors and the spindle. I can fit it no problem. Problem is figuring out how to mount it. My error, though not a large one and from what I am seeing correctable.

Michael

4. Well here is some very good progress photo's and things are moving forward. Jazz, you're doing a great job and thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0188.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	517.8 KB 
ID:	5173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0190.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	544.2 KB 
ID:	5174

Will get more up as able.

Michael

Nice!!

Well done Jazz!

6. Well folks we are on the home stretch and Jazz is doing great. The design has gone through some minor changes, but is pretty much on track for what was designed. Now the important part the pictures. Side note there are only 2 plates left to cut and 2 extensions to cut for the NEMA 23 shafts for the pulleys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0202.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	511.2 KB 
ID:	5184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0204.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	453.4 KB 
ID:	5185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0207.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	506.5 KB 
ID:	5186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0211.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	5187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0214.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	513.4 KB 
ID:	5188

The HDPE you see the Z axis resting on is 15 mm thick and will be about what I am using for bed material. Right now discussing whether to mill in slots or just drill and tap it. The bed will be either HDPE around 200-250 grade or UHMWPE and looking at a couple of options on how to set that up. Need to get one more piece of energy chain for the x axis. I on the other hand am testing the BOB that I have done the work on to make the A axis work with the X and going to make sure that is all good and need to get the shielded wiring for the switches and most likely will need some more shielded 4 core for the motors as will need longer leads.

Also getting g-code ready for a couple of jigs and such as will be busy right from the get go once it is up here and bedded in. Again a very big thanks to Jazz for all his work, to James and Luke for the X axis supported round rails:tup: and for all the other folks that directly or indirectly aided in this project.

Michael

Looks really good Michael

what spindle are you planning to use ??

James

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    most likely will need some more shielded 4 core for the motors as will need longer leads.
    I've got plenty of 4-core CY shielded if you need to buy some. Let me know how much you need - will be cheaper than elsewhere as I'm not trying to make money out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I've got plenty of 4-core CY shielded if you need to buy some. Let me know how much you need - will be cheaper than elsewhere as I'm not trying to make money out of it!
    I will vouch for that, it's a good price from Jonathan:tup:

10. Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    Looks really good Michael

what spindle are you planning to use ??

James
    Currently using a Kress 1050 FME and will most likely keep using that until I can afford to buy/build a water-cooled spindle with VFD. Once I can afford it the next upgrade is a SuperPID for the Kress which has really good reviews for performance.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information