. .
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Just aswell I'm in no rush :lol:

On a serious note, that project is currently lingering at the bottom of a very long list, with no planned need until May, but that could change anytime!
    I've spent the past couple of weeks buried in embedded code stuff, learning such things as what happens to Atmega chips when you run out of RAM, with next weeks delights looking to include LiPo batteries and charging, topped of with some thru-beam testing, and if I get time, some .net programming. I'm hoping to get back to some CNC action before the end of the month :-/

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    next weeks delights looking to include LiPo batteries and charging
    I've made a couple of LiPo chargers, and used/tested/made batteries from those cells a lot ... if you don't care about the efficiency of the charger then it's very easy.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I've made a couple of LiPo chargers, and used/tested/made batteries from those cells a lot ... if you don't care about the efficiency of the charger then it's very easy.
    I'm taking the easy option and using the sparkfun charger/booster module. Need to figure out how long the battery will last under various scenarios, which is what will take the time.

4. After weather and and tool breakage/out of stock and sundry other problems conspiring against us, back on track and things looking good. I will NOT predict a finish date at the moment as every time we have set a done by date something has gotten in the way of it. But things are looking good and the pulleys are on and things are moving forward. My health is not the greatest with a cough deciding that it wants to inhibit me being able to get tuning done but hey, looks like I might have other work that has been in the wings that can be done instead in the near future.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0235.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	5311

Michael

5. Well,

It is done to the point that it is now coming up here and the wiring, bedding in, last section of energy chain install, and tuning will be getting done.

Baring something going wrong (touch wood/iron) that will be this coming wednesday, after which all the above will be being done and then a whole bunch of chips are going to be getting made. Big Big thanks to JazzCNC and also to James and Luke for the rails and all other folks who have helped and/or encouraged along the way.

It is sort of funny as I am smiling like crazy as I am sick as a dog with an upper respiratory infection (on antibiotics and hopefully will be better by the time the machine gets here). Now just last bit of cleaning up (funny how work surfaces attract clutter). Now it is just doing the little stuff and waiting for it to get here.:naughty::dance:

Oh here is some pictures and yes the X axis is not attached as that is going to be unbolted from the carriages for transport up here. Now to be a patient lad :whistling:
    for the few days left to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0246.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	708.9 KB 
ID:	5337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0247.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	642.8 KB 
ID:	5338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0242.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	5339

That look's amazing Mick
    well done lads Jazz is a really talented man and done you proud I hope you make lots and lots of cash now

I will accept one of those bottle of whisky going for £44,000.00 (their is 10 left):whistling:

I'm really pleased for you

James and Luke

Michael that is looking beautiful. Well done to you and jazz. Now where is that list of parts i need making?:whistling:

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

8. Thanks Jazz and all the folks who helped with this build. It arrived today and I got to meet Jazz in person finally. Great guy, kids loved him. Now I am wiring up the mill and going to be setting up the limit switches and such as well as setting up the electronics. I will get pictures of it in the shop up later tonight (getting the on machine wiring boxes cut and able to be placed.

Michael

Whose a happy boy then?:tup:

bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

10. Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    Whose a happy boy then?:tup:

bruce
    I am coughing hacks included. Went out with Mario (My oldest son, for folks who don't know him) and got the some of the parts I need and hair cuts as we both needed them. Got back home and started working on things and then the hacking got worse from doing to much today so up in the office doing other things I can do. And here is the pictures I promised earlier:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15022012763.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	518.3 KB 
ID:	5359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15022012764.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	462.7 KB 
ID:	5360

A good sized machine that fits as snug as we designed it to and i will be bolting it to the table as that gantry has a good bit of mass and it is going to want to move when i get her up to full cutting speed. Well folks going to rest as this hack is not nice. I will try to get a few better done photo's in the future but the machine takes up a good part of the back wall as both Jazz and Bruce can give witness to.

Michael

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information