. .
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Nice job Dean!

Michael don't forget the video when you get it up and running.

Andy

2. Quote Originally Posted by audioandy View Post
    Nice job Dean!

Michael don't forget the video when you get it up and running.

Andy
    Andy,

Gladly and with much joy when it is up and running and when it is doing some of the detailed cutting that it was made for.

Michael

3. Well power supply is connected to drivers and no smoke (thank goodness as Jazz would kill me). Fuses in place (using the fuse box I have until I can get the 5A fuse bars for the G bar fuse holders) and waiting on the 4 pin chassis plugs to arrive tomorrow (though I had enough and Maplin was out at the local store). So all things go well should have the base wiring done tomorrow and can test. Already have set A axis to slave in Mach3 and will triple check that before I run anything. So things are going to get interesting shortly (in a positive way).

Michael

well are you making chips yet

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    well are you making chips yet

James
    Ha ha James it's more like parmesan cheese Micheal makes with the tolerences he works too but I Think he's still wrapped up in spaggetti and knowing Micheal he won't cut corners or turn it on untill he's 100%. (Esp as most of the electrics are loned from me and he knows if he lets the magic smoke out I'm all tooled up . .:rofl:)

6. Hello folks,

I have to second what Jazz is saying as I want it spot on before I go powering up fully. One is the loan of parts of the electronics (drivers and power supply) and second is I want it just right before I start cutting or test running to make sure that is not a source of trouble during the bedding in of the machine. Don't worry I will have it running soon and will get video up as soon as I have the test runs video taped and then get some cutting on video.

Michael

Really really looking forward to seeing it run

But I know how it feels to strike it up for the first time and If your like me I was happy still to sit/stand and just look at it.

between you and me I was scared to death of it (I didn't want the magic smoke) plus I didn't have the right cutters or software but that's another story

James

8. Well Fuses for the G rail fuse holders arrived with the xlr 4 pin plugs/sockets so wiring that in and soldering what terminals I can together. Waiting on two 4 pin chassis plugs for the machine end of the Y and Z axis to finish that drivers all show power as well as power to the BOB all hooked up and wired in. So moving forward and making progress. Amazing the time it takes to just get the wiring done right (I am not even done yet really as it all has to be moved inside the control box once it gets here and leaving a bit extra wire for that). Well back to soldering up what needs done.

Michael

9. Had to cancel the online order from Maplin as it would have not been in stock till the 19th of March and thanks to Bruce giving me a lift to the Maplin that did have the plugs I am now to the stage of final soldering tomorrow morning and then tomorrow afternoon if I am able to get all ten plugs and sockets that need soldering done I will start on the test runs to see how things go and get everything moving. Hopefully I will have video up tomorrow night, if not Saturday will be test and running day to see how thing go and get ready for doing some cutting. I still need to get the X axis IGUS chain to help protect the cables and will be cutting the brackets to hold that in place. Monday I will be ordering some HDPE to get bolted down to the sub bed and surfaced. Once that is done and the test cuts done I will be very busy.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    Monday I will be ordering some HDPE to get bolted down to the sub bed and surfaced. Once that is done and the test cuts done I will be very busy.

Michael
    Too right you will. I need brackets, supports, holders ..........:rofl:

I have to say that the machine is looking awesome.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information