. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jess I will put up images when my parts come

ball screws and rails are in Paris so should be here any day

James

aye, mine were in paris last night and came today! 4 days delivery isn't bad!

Also, I spent over £500 and didn't get charged a penny of import tax/handling fee :)

that's a win right there.

I'm looking forward to how yours comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    Also, I spent over £500 and didn't get charged a penny of import tax/handling fee :)
    Not yet anyway. They wait a couple of weeks to make you feel happy then you get the letter.
    What was the value quoted on the parcel?

Going to try milling some steel on my router now ...

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Can't beat the old wait one week, then give you the bill routine.

The customs charges don't really bother me, it's the handling charges that do.
    Although a fender who makes mistakes filling in the customs value can be helpful ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    The customs charges don't really bother me, it's the handling charges that do.
    Although a fender who makes mistakes filling in the customs value can be helpful ;-)
    Couldn't agree more with both those statements. Well, ignoring the typo that is!

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    I think I'm going to buy this set up as it has two extra drivers (spare or extra axis if needed)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6Axis-CNC-...#ht_3337wt_905

but still unsure if it's the right think to buy

James
    Misleading advert though. THe description seems honest enough but they have put pictures of stepper motors in as if they are included, when the auction is for just the electronics.

I disagree peter
    yes their are images of motors but the text does say drivers and break out board

Jams

Well, the pictures form a large part of the description for many people. Some are not so good at reading and rely on them heavily. I think if they are not included they should either not be in the picture or it should say quite clearly - stepper motors not included.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter. View Post
    Misleading advert though. THe description seems honest enough but they have put pictures of stepper motors in as if they are included, when the auction is for just the electronics.
    Don't see the problem, you've noticed it's just the drivers and breakoutboard so you've not been mislead. The rest is clearly there for advertising.

Well, the pictures form a large part of the description for many people. Some are not so good at reading and rely on them heavily.
    They should read the description. Pretty sure that's in the eBay policy somewhere...if you can't read then you're probably not going to be buying stepper drivers anyway!

I think if they are not included they should either not be in the picture or it should say quite clearly - stepper motors not included
    It says clearly what is included so surely it's natural to assume the rest is not?

Of the eight pictures included in the auction only two apply to what's being sold. The others have been included, some showing nothing that's included in the auction. I don't think that it would be at all natural to assume they are not included and someone could easily be fooled into thinking they were. It's just not right to be padding-out auctions with images of stuff not included.

We have a difference of opinion - no big deal, I didn't intend to ruffle any feathers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information