. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sounds sensible to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Stickio View Post
    Spinning Ballnuts on X axis.
    I will be very interested to see your version of that when the time comes. Mine are working well - had a little problem with loose screws but I've just got some thread-lock which will sort that.

Jonathan how do you feel about making the Z Assembly, Router mount and 2 ballnut holders for me .
    Yes I can do all those parts, but being at work now means I will have to do it over a weekend. Wouldn't it be 3 ballnut mounts as there's one in the Z-assembly or are you doing your own for one axis? Will you or I supply the material. Can you send a drawing?

I only need mounts for the y and z. The x ballnut will be fitted in a hole in center of the 50x100, you should be able to see it in the pic.

I can send you the proposed new drawing to give you an idea, but I would like hold off on actually making the z until I get the linears screws and mounts so I can double check the dims.

It will be probably a month or so if that's ok with you, what format do you want the drawings in(it's drawn in solidworks so I can save it in most formats).

Don't worry about how long it takes as I will probably be getting the linears before I have finished building the frame anyway.

As for the material We can sort that out nearer to the time, in the mean time I will be keeping my eye out for a good deal.

Does anyone know of a good steel box supplier, or am I better looking for local places?

I can send you the proposed new drawing to give you an idea, but I would like hold off on actually making the z until I get the linears screws and mounts so I can double check the dims. It will be probably a month or so if that's ok with you, what format do you want the drawings in(it's drawn in solidworks so I can save it in most formats).
    Solid works standard format is fine. Bear in mind I go back to University on 25-09-11 (ish) so after then is difficult however I will have plenty of time to do it in the preceding week.

Don't worry about how long it takes as I will probably be getting the linears before I have finished building the frame anyway.

As for the material We can sort that out nearer to the time, in the mean time I will be keeping my eye out for a good deal.

Does anyone know of a good steel box supplier, or am I better looking for local places?
    I got all mine from Adey Steel in Loughborough. It's a big company that happens to be local to me. They are cheap and good service - no idea how much postage would be. It's about 90 miles from you (and so am I).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information