. .
    I would just like to say

I love this site??

There are a lot of very clever people on this site that are NOT full of self importance and not too busy to stop and give advice I've just received three drawings of a idea that must of taken at least 2 hours and seen the same attributes displayed on another post(steel frame router)

I think people like you make this site and I take my hat of to you all

A really big thank you, I know I would not be able to make my CNC router with out your help

This post is intended to give all the help full people a pat on the back and if I've offended any one I am sorry but that is not my intention at all

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    I would just like to say

I love this site??

There are a lot of very clever people on this site that are NOT full of self importance and not too busy to stop and give advice I've just received three drawings of a idea that must of taken at least 2 hours and seen the same attributes displayed on another post(steel frame router)

A really big thank you, I know I would not be able to make my CNC router with out your help

This post is intended to give all the help full people a pat on the back and if I've offended any one I am sorry but that is not my intention at all

James
    good for you man there are plenty of us who wouldnt quite make it without some help and we all get a turn at passing the favour on to the uninitiated

I would just like to say

I love this site??

James
    James, I totally agree, this site is a real gem, and the best thing is peoples willingness to teach and be taught, its like the story telling of years gone by, as people come and go the take and leave information which is passed on to the new members who in turn gather knowlege and pass it on. Best of all people like you are doing the same, learning, putting the knowlege into practice and passing that experience on to others.

Every time i come on here, the next machine project in my head evolves into an even better machine.

Its easy to learn from the people on here because they do not behave in a superior way they just want to help.

It really is a pleasure to come here and its nice people like you point this out, its what forums are relly about.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Hi guys, I just wanted to say thanks for the comments about the site!

It's true the site is a great success and continues to be, growth is going great we are seeing steady month on month growth and interest. I know I'm quite absent and have been for quite a while now, however I am still about daily and just hiding behind the scenes, the plans I have for the site really will take it to the next level. I know I have been saying this for awhile now but progress is being made slowly but surely, I work alone on this site as far as development goes so quite often I have to put other things first with regards to the time I have available. In the long run what I am developing and have planned will be very much worth the wait and in the interest of us all and not just the success of the site.

Getting back on topic/track, one of the things i plan to put together a set of tutorials, these will cover the basics and be geared towards people just starting out. So I would very much welcome any feedback, thoughts and/or ideas you may have on things you consider would be great topics to cover or that would address issues, problems or things you had to over come in building your first machine, again the thoughts of you seasoned machinist's would be great and key to making this successful.

I'm also open to any questions you may have, thanks again!

.Me
    .Me

I'm constantly humbled by the amount of help available to members by seasoned and cleaver people on this forum

if I could I would buy you all a pint

you are a credit to the world of CNC and this web site

thank you all again

James and Luke

I'm constantly humbled by the amount of help available to members by seasoned and cleaver people on this forum

thank you all again

James and Luke
    Totally agree:tup:, even with the machine i'm building

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.

thank you all again

James and Luke
    James, pretty soon it'll be you handing out the same help to another member breaking into cnc. I know i appreciated all the help i had in my early days of cnc, and you're never to old to learn.

8. Exactly, I got a reply to a noob question from Black5f (Tom) that was so detailed that I felt guilty when thinking about the time he had spent putting it all together, and I daren't even think about whether the excel sheet (available for download ) was created just for me.
    If I can return this kind of support to fellow strivers, in questions about electronics or programming G code in Visual Basic I will be very glad.
    It's nice to have contact with Brits again after leaving the UK over 30 years ago and now living in Germany.
    Gareth

+1 to that!

Thank you to everyone who has posted over the years and made this a wonderful place to learn about all this neat gear I never knew I needed!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thread Information