. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have come into possesion of a TEP CNC engraver that I think I can use for PCBS. Problem is that I cannot find the software it is supposed to work with or any information about it. Googling it brought me to this site where there is one thread from a while ago with dead links in.

The correct software is TechCAD but it does seem pretty rubbish from what I have read and I would prefer to get it going with EMC2 or Mach3 but I have no information about the protocol needed over the serial port connection. The original seller "http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/detail.asp?prodname=TechCAD&quick=1" was typically British when it comes to helpful replies "Sorry, this product was discontinued several years back" was all they could do to help me.

The machine has an RS232 connection presumably for data input but I have no information about the protocol, there is a PIC in the machine that receives the RS232 so I could disassemble it if nothing else came to light or I could simply throw the electronics away and fit a parallel port control system but that would be a shame as this is all working and in very good order.

I am looking for any documentation, the TechCAd software that was free originally with the machine, operators manual maybe, basically just anything that will get me going with something more than left right forward backward, up down that I have at the moment with the panel button.

Well after much phoning, emailing and generally chasing I managed to find the maker and as they no longer make or sell this machine they posted me a reg number, software and manuals all free. Good service methinks :)

Just need to get it working now, seems not to like USB <> serial devices.

Hi Mjolinor

I also have that machine and have struggled to get it working! you have got further than me with your investigation, is there anychance you could let me know the details of the manufacture so I too could get a manual and drivers etc

Would be most greatful!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Well after much phoning, emailing and generally chasing I managed to find the maker and as they no longer make or sell this machine they posted me a reg number, software and manuals all free. Good service methinks :)

Just need to get it working now, seems not to like USB <> serial devices.
    Hi How are you getting on? Have you got it working yet?
    Cheers
    Ian

All working fine now but major changes. It would not drill holes because of the on/off Z axis, it just snapped the drills.

Picture of it now.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dknpower/tep2

That is during the changes, finished now and all good.

All working fine now but major changes. It would not drill holes because of the on/off Z axis, it just snapped the drills.

Picture of it now.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dknpower/tep2

That is during the changes, finished now and all good.
    I have the chance to buy one of these machines. It looks like you've done a lot - could you give some details, what have you had to add, are you running on the original or different software? Was it a useful base machine to start from?
    Cheers
    Ian

Hi Mjolinor

I have recently started a position in a school with the exact same cnc engraver. Could you please send me the link for the user manual as I am having the same problems. Your help will greatly be appreciated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to techfan For This Useful Post:

Hi

I have found the same machine gathering dust in a cupboard and would like to get it going.

Could you please share the info you have collected.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Location unknown. shihanob1 Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    I have exactly the same problem is it possible that you can supply the company links and any other information which might help me please
    Kindest regards

I have come into possesion of a TEP CNC engraver that I think I can use for PCBS. Problem is that I cannot find the software it is supposed to work with or any information about it. Googling it brought me to this site where there is one thread from a while ago with dead links in.

The correct software is TechCAD but it does seem pretty rubbish from what I have read and I would prefer to get it going with EMC2 or Mach3 but I have no information about the protocol needed over the serial port connection. The original seller "http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/detail.asp?prodname=TechCAD&quick=1" was typically British when it comes to helpful replies "Sorry, this product was discontinued several years back" was all they could do to help me.

The machine has an RS232 connection presumably for data input but I have no information about the protocol, there is a PIC in the machine that receives the RS232 so I could disassemble it if nothing else came to light or I could simply throw the electronics away and fit a parallel port control system but that would be a shame as this is all working and in very good order.

I am looking for any documentation, the TechCAd software that was free originally with the machine, operators manual maybe, basically just anything that will get me going with something more than left right forward backward, up down that I have at the moment with the panel button.

Hello! I know it's a long time ago, but I wondered if you could give me any clues about software etc. I recently bought a tep engraver with serial port - it all works fine but I haven't a clue about where to find the software. Any advice gratefully received. Martin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information