Thread: The New Machine

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Denford used to do this on the early triacs, they stopped it quite quickly.
    Hmmmm Your not the first to tell me that, i wonder if the bell is tolling for the counter balance idea!!!!
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

  2. #32
    i2i's Avatar
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-12-2016 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 693. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    I expect the cutter needs the weight of the head to give it "balls"

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    I expect the cutter needs the weight of the head to give it "balls"
    All of it!!!:surprised: thats just greedy.:heehee:
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

  4. #34
    you don't need to counter weight this machine if the correct steppers are used.

    A setup with light stepper and poor z slide ways will cause crabbing and stalling. You counter weight to reduce the crabbing of the head. counter weighting does nothing to the cutting force as the slide ways and the screw resist this not the weight of the head. It does affect the acceleration as there is a greater amount of inertia.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by fragger6662000 View Post
    you don't need to counter weight this machine if the correct steppers are used.

    A setup with light stepper and poor z slide ways will cause crabbing and stalling. You counter weight to reduce the crabbing of the head. counter weighting does nothing to the cutting force as the slide ways and the screw resist this not the weight of the head. It does affect the acceleration as there is a greater amount of inertia.
    Cheers Fragger, I had seen a thread on another forum about the counterweight and threw the question out to see what everybody thought as the concept was one that i was not famillier to me , you are with the majority in thinking it is not required or even desired, In an Ideal world what stepper would you suggest ive got a 34.

    Rick..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

  6. #36
    i used the keling kit with 900ozin on Z and 381 on the XY.

    The X is rated at 900oz but the drive is only delivering 3.5 amps so i think it is 500oz.

    Have you go the motors and and drives because i would recomend the kelinginc kit as the motor are low impedance and give the best performance. UK motors seams to have a lot higher impedence and poorer performance.

  7. #37

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by fragger6662000 View Post
    i would recomend the kelinginc kit as the motor are low impedance and give the best performance. UK motors seams to have a lot higher impedence and poorer performance.
    Surprising that you imply all UK motors have a high inductance. It clearly depends which you get and where. Can you link to a datasheet for the ones you have so we can compare?

    Edit, actually ignore that - found it:

    http://www.kelinginc.net/KL34H295-43-8B.pdf

    To be fair that's quite a low inductance for that size motor. Still with a Nema 34 motor you really should be running it on a LOT more than 50 volts.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 10-09-2011 at 09:39 PM.

  9. #39

  10. #40

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-09-2013, 05:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •