. .

Thread: The New Machine

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Still, 75v / 80V is nothing compared to the 240V driver. I think Robin Hewitt used them on his mill?
    Am I the only one brave enough? :heehee:

tool to tool in ten second and no skined knuckles.

whats the progress

just done this test.

http://youtu.be/lyJq8elbJnQ

i think it works well

Hmm, that's nice but could be a problem long term as you wont notice if the thread or something starts seizing up. The impact driver will probably just keep going and potentially cause excessive wear / break something? Just a thought..
    How long until automatic tool changing then?

i don't see it as going to be a problem as the drawbar is the soft expendable part. As the tapers and threads are hardened steel.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by fragger6662000 View Post
    tool to tool in ten second and no skined knuckles.

whats the progress

just done this test.

http://youtu.be/lyJq8elbJnQ

i think it works well
    now you need to mount it on the machine and have a foot switch.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    There are quite a few impact gun drawbar designs kicking around, and I've never seen anybody mention having any major problems with them.

Biggest issue with using an impact gun, is getting a consistent torque.

Also, don't rely on the threads in the taper shanks being hard enough not to be damaged by a soft drawbar. I bet if you tried filing them, they'll file down without that much effort.

Late into this post but converted 4 of these machines now based on the Warco WM16.
    1605 ballscrews all round, 3.1Nm motors all round, direct drive on X and Y 2:1 belt reduction on Z
    42 volts power supply and 542 drivers. If I had to do any more I'd increase the voltage to 70v and use the 80v 7 amp drivers de-rated to suit the motors.
    John S -

Im very interested in this machines capability.

I currently run a CNC converted Sherline Mill and im now realising i need something bigger and better.

Keep us interested in this project please

Stu

John S / Ricardoco

Could you please link the controler you would use for this mill and a suitable place within the UK to purchase it.

Thanks

on my machine i used a G540 with 3 x 380oz and 1 x 940oz motors from kelinginc.

it was there 4 axis kit with power supply

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information