. .

Thread: new member

hi guys,I'm macca from anfield, liverpool, been a signwriter since 1988,interested in buying or making my own cnc router.

What kind of size / specification are you thinking about ? and what materials do you intend to cut with it ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 30-04-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

absolutley no idea what spec, the size would be roughly around 24"x 20" thats all the space i can spare,it would only be used for routering wood only.totally new to the cnc router thingy, roaming the sites for a while now, looking at prices and to be honest with the size I'm looking at wondering how i would afford it.

Some people buy the 6040 Chinese machines and upgrade them e.g. NEW 6040 ROUTER ENGRAVER/ENGRAVING DRILLING AND MILLING MACHINE CNC p9 | eBay
    If you want something ready built from UK maybe these ?
    STONEY CNC ยท Router options
    EXEL CNC SL4570 Pro
    Finally you can build it yourself but best to estimate the cost first and don't under estimate the time and work involved.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 30-04-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

thanks for the info eddycurrent,bottom tag line made me laff.

Thread Information