. .

Thread: "DeusEx"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've got to admit, one of the reasons why I like Gecko stuff, is how open Marriss is, and his willingness to discuss things on forums. Alot of other companies would do everything they could to prevent alot of that info making it into the public domain. Plus they're one free replacement if you blow it up, is an added bonus.

I know JohnS on here had issues with earlier drives, so they're not perfect, but it's very rare to hear of anybody having problems now.

As for the new G540, there is a GM540 in the works, but I don't think it adds anything in the terms of drivers, just that it has a built in motion generator, and has a RS485 interface. Details are on the gecko forum at http://geckodrive.com/forums/showthr...eature-Request

Jonathon, if you want to try a G203V, I've got one sitting here that I've never used, and won't be needing to use for a while that you could borrow to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    When I'm his age hopefully that won't be true...
    Yes and I wouldn't bet against it Jonathan but unfortunatly today and for a good while yet you don't so I wouldn't go there.!! . . . . . Now give me a hug and lets play nice. .:rofl:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

more updates!
    G540, GM540, 2m880n decision pending on Gecko sale / price info.
    supported rail to 25mm all round... maybe! or if funds allow, at least profiled rails on Z :)

Also toying with the idea of putting some isolation rubber bobbins between the frame and the surface, but as I have some 50mm rubber horse mat (don't ask!) that might work better than ny previous idea of bolting / bonding it to the floor.. absorb any vibrations / resonance rather than ignore them(?)
    :)
    Last edited by mocha; 21-09-2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    Also toying with the idea of putting some isolation rubber bobbins between the frame and the surface, but as I have some 50mm rubber horse mat (don't ask!) that might work better than ny previous idea of bolting / bonding it to the floor.. absorb any vibrations / resonance rather than ignore them(?)
    :)
    You have mats for a rubber horse? Awesome :lol:

The mats are designed to give all that energy somewhere to go, so as to protect the horse's legs. They sound like they would be an excellent idea though it would be worth trying to find out how they react to any chemicals they might be exposed to in the workshop. While they should be able to handle a variety of things - they are designed for stables, after all - I am not sure how "non-natural" products might affect them.

Best way to find out is to try it - and that way we can learn from your experience as well!

BOOM BOOM! :rofl:

I imagine that they should be hardwearing enough.. but it'll be interesting to see how they deal with the various types of swarf. I might try pads of it under the frame first before I start dragging sheets of it around. It's very heavy and one of the most akward things I've ever tried to move.

I've got one down in the workshop and that's been fine with garage use, oil, petrol and most types of abuse I've thrown at it, oh and apparently they can be used for horses to stand on too!

:lol:

Streuth! Only 25 days to go!

As mentioned elsewhere, trying to get precise measurements for items I don't yet have in my hands has been frustrating! The details are slowly filling themselves in... Instead of building to "My ideal" of 650 x 650, I'll build it around ready made sizes all the other bits will be off the shelf standard stuff too.

I'll put pulleys into it at some point, after getting it working, dust extraction system, acoustic cabinet and other items are ahead in that list.

In searching out info I came across a guy who had reported favourably about using the rubber underneath idea,although he used anti vibration feet http://www.5bears.com/cnc01.htm , near the bottom of the page. Nice build story too.

Rummaging in a draw, I found an old combined 16 key and mouse controller called an N52te which might get do the job as a pendant...

I have a Nostromo (N52) too and there is a thread somewhere on the net with a configuration tool to use it under EMC2.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Swarfing For This Useful Post:

thanks, just found it. I'd done a quick search on Mach3 and n52 but found nothing. Looks like it might work?

Let me have it and I'll getting working for you.!. . . Thou I may lose your return address if I like it. .:naughty:

Post the link to the info or anything about the pendent and I'll have a look to see I figure making it work with Mach. . . It will probably just need a plug-in or script writing/altering.

I would Put a post on the mach forum and pritty sure someone will know about it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

lol, it's designed for left handed use...but it comes with some programming software which doesn't get in the way of game software.. just sends keypresses to the PC.. I'm assuming here that mach 3 has shortcut keys?

here's some pics;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesrazor.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	4657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n52te.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	4658

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information