. .
    Looking on Ebay for a new router and see two common types the 3040 and the 6040

6040 like this one here Item number: 270685987049
    Looks to have water cooled spindle and VFD although the blurb says 9000 rpm ?
    Working travel of 400 x 580 x 65
    Price of £1215 inc shipping.

The 3040 Item number: 270813071786

Says working size 400 x 580 x 65 but has a max work size of 390 x 290 which matches the 3040 spec
    this machine is £1260 for a machine half the size ?

Can anyone comment of these irregularities ?
    John S -

I'm surprised you're not just making your own, cheaper...I guess the time it could take is the problem? Those seem to have most of the 'features' we advise against. The bed is nice I guess.

It says in that listing 'Spindle...(PWM stepless speed regulation)', yet has a VFD in the picture which is definitely fishy. Maybe contact the seller, but they'll probably give a different answer altogether!

Jonathan,
    Time is a problem but if they do come with water cooled spindle, VFD, ball screws and ready built I'd be hard pressed to buy the bits for this price.

Problem the listings are all over the place, really need to speak to someone who has bought one to see what you get.
    I have emailed about 4 or 5 sellers and asked for confirmation and told them if they don't list accurately they are loosing sales, one company has done a page in Chinglish and they have al copy pasted the same page.

My contact in China is away in Europe at the moment for two shows so I can't get him to chase this up.

Need to do something soon as just took a job on to do 1,000 brass name plates with a decent bit of text on them and a logo. I can only get two at a time on the little Isel router and need a bit bigger machine to get thru these.
    John S -

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Could it be that they're trying to say that the VFD is controlled by a PWM signal (or at least a 0-10V signal) from the controller?

Thread Information