. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere some ready made components for Sketchup. Ball nuts, supported rails, bearing blocks that type of thing etc... I thought it was on the 8020 site but can't seem to find it.

Anyone come across these types of thing and can point me to it?

Many thanks!
    m

I think you just download them from google ??

James

Thanks James something there will keep me going a while longer! :) I've wandered through those.. couldn't find 25 supported rail tho.

I've been on a web site (in the llast 12 months and my history doesn't go back that far) and my recollection was that there were all the CNC bits you could shake a finely crafted 4 axis stick at! I pulled down a few bits, and still have them just not the right ones for this buid. Searched google for the file names I do have without any joy either...

I thought is was one of the 8020 alloy extrusion sites, but doesn't look like it.

sorry I couldn't help

why don't you draw one and up load it to the site (fame at last) LOL

James

lol, I don't think so! It's taken me three hours to figure out how to use the toolbox in there!

The only reason I'm even thinking of using phetch-up is that I've run out of crayons for the designs! :-)

i got mine from here, you can stipulate the length etc then down load in various formats

http://www.boschrexroth.co.uk/countr...m/en/index.jsp

no idea if they will import to Sketchup
    file formats are:
    DWG
    DXF
    IGS
    STP

lol, I don't think so! It's taken me three hours to figure out how to use the toolbox in there!
    lazy sod.... how do you convert crayon to gcode:rofl:
    Last edited by blackburn mark; 24-09-2011 at 11:32 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blackburn mark For This Useful Post:

ah of course! Bosch do 8020 stuff... That might well be the one! I'll take a look.
    :-)

The boschrethrox do all the art work you'll ever need to design a CNC or a food processing plant! ...and if you are using a real program! lol, I did find some bits in the google areas after all, the ball screws / nuts were of course filed under NEMA 23. (I have much to learn!) I haven't yet found a way of making the ball screws the correct length in the pics, but it's certainly good enough to check positioning and interference etc.

@Mark:
    "how do you convert crayon to gcode:rofl:"
    Will be posting questions in G-code corner on how to stop the wax blocking the holes in my punched tape reader soon. :rofl:
    Last edited by mocha; 25-09-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Will be posting questions in G-code corner on how to stop the wax blocking the holes in my punched tape reader soon. :rofl:
    you use a pointy crayon to poke it through

It's taken me three hours to figure out how to use the toolbox in there!
    cad can be a bitch to get into, keep pressing though, by the time you have finished your build you should be ready to design a time machine and catch yourself a hendrix gig

try your best to draw your finished machine to absolute perfection... it gets really tedious finalising your drawing, making sure everthing is going to fit just the way you exspect it to

most of us have to do at least a little bit of re-design halfway through our build due to an over sight in our drawings... its not to bad if you have the machinary to do the re-work, a nightmare if you havn't

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information