. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    yes no probs, Fromstock in Cardiff. Unfortunately they closed last month but i've been told they have just been re-opened by the original owner, so with a bit of luck all will be the same.
    It was called CG Rees before Fromstock took it over and i'll get up there this week to make sure they are back open.

Their website is a work in progress :-( Will keep an eye on it. Thanks.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    They are open.

http://www.metalstock.co.uk/supply/supplyfront.htm

contact number 02920615911

All very well but they would be better displaying prices as well

I for one think if a company doesn't display prices then they are more often than not trying to hide the fact that they are expensive

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    All very well but they would be better displaying prices as well

I for one think if a company doesn't display prices then they are more often than not trying to hide the fact that they are expensive

James
    Yep I agree pritty pointless having a web site like that in this day and age of internet sales, given the present climate you'd think they'd give it an high prioirty.!!

ring that number and ask, they've always beaten aw for me.

Chip, you know you can sell whats left when you boil piss dry :whistling:

There is so much mark up on small orders of metal that any metal stock holder should be able to undercut web pricing if they can be bothered. Out of curiosity I changed an online quote from 1 sheet of 6mm steel to 100 and the price halved :-( The sheet was already 10 times more than I want immediately.

Compared to a simple web site, setting up online ordering is a pretty daunting task with unknown return on the investment, linking that to stock levels and maintaining the site and dealing with customer problems costs money or time(if you have the skills)... for a business that has a customer base and established processes of being faxed cutting lists for quoting against it is easy to see why there are still lots that have not found the need to have a 24/7 web sales solution.

metal4u is a good example of the other end of the spectrum with a focus on selling small amounts only online at an outrageous price.. a phone call is cheap if you know what you want, that said I too strongly prefer being able to price up on a web page.

Software companies are the ones that should not be able to justify having expensive websites and no product pricing:nope: and if you do phone for a quote you can be sure it will be more expensive in the UK than US :sad:

It's so they can decide the price when you call!

They could put the prices on and not bother with online ordering, that would be fine by me.
    I think the pink background and excessive use of flash is enough to put me off buying from them.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 26-01-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Where did you use in the end for the steel box section?

Just noticed this place has copper ... I could do with some 6mm ish flat copper bar.

guys, why so negative..........

Nobody's forcing you to buy from them.

I've bought quite a lot of ally over the years from a variety of sources and i would imagine so have most of you. We all have our favourite places to deal with whether they're the cheapest or not, so stick with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information