. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi
    Just spotted Aluminium Warehouse have a new web site and they now do Ali plate in large thinkness and grades. . . Even do fixture plate.!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Yea I noticed this a few days ago :)
    If I wanted a 10mm sheet of 6082 to fit my router bed that'd be £274+VAT ... ouch.
    Still it's clearly good if you just want a small area.

It looks like their price for 6082 plate is about 23% more than the same grade flat bar. Still I think sometimes it will be worth paying that bit extra to get the size you need instead of buying 2m lengths.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    the plate has been there for a while, but the website is new and blue

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    the plate has been there for a while, but the website is new and blue
    I'd not seen it before on the old site, I don't mean sheet I mean plate.?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Yea I noticed this a few days ago :)
    If I wanted a 10mm sheet of 6082 to fit my router bed that'd be £274+VAT ... ouch.
    I payed about that for my 1400x1200 bed but made from 40x16 strips spaced 10mm apart to creat Tslots. EDIT: It was worth every penny thou.! and thinking about it was cheaper than that £200 inc vat mark I think.?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    It looks like their price for 6082 plate is about 23% more than the same grade flat bar. Still I think sometimes it will be worth paying that bit extra to get the size you need instead of buying 2m lengths.
    Must be the down to way the buy it, obviously must buy large volumes of flat plate so can give better prices.? . . . . .We need to buy more plate Lads so the prices come down:exclaim:. . . . Ye like that will happen
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 29-09-2011 at 05:58 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    i priced up some 20 or 25mm plate 800mm x 600mm, over a month ago on there. Not the cheapest around for that plate, which is odd as they usually are the cheapest.

Generally so far I've just used the 'it will be useful at some point' philosophy and bought the 2m lengths. On one occasion I ended up using up all the 2m length before making what I actually bought it for!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I payed about that for my 1400x1200 bed but made from 40x16 strips spaced 10mm apart to creat Tslots.
    Hmm, for me to do the same with the nearest size, 40x15 would be 18 2m lengths is about £250+VAT ... so quite a bit better value considering that's thicker and slots are far more useful. I was thinking of doing something like that a while ago.

I wonder if they'll start selling plate offcuts...

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    They've sorted their delivery charges aswell, so that central Scotland doesn't have to pay more.
    Having to pay an extra £10 put me of buying a lot of stuff from them before.

Now if only they were to start doing 7075...

Quote Originally Posted by shahid sa View Post
    Yeah, it's worth it. They're twice as powerful and can keep cool longer than the others. Also, if you get the right specs you can powerhouse the mac better than the old ones.
    ...............oops.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    i priced up some 20 or 25mm plate 800mm x 600mm, over a month ago on there. Not the cheapest around for that plate, which is odd as they usually are the cheapest.
    Would you be so kind as to share your cheaper than AW plate source?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information