. .
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hi Jonathan..

Just emailed you again;

Just had a real close look at it with a loupe, I can see a single strand of wire from the +ve very close to the –ve.. Reckon it may have been arcing.. Tried to take a pic for you but my camera/phone cant take pictures that close and all I could get is a blur..

Part of me is relieved as this could well be the source of my probs... You set the the PSU for two outputs, 65v 8amps which I am pretty sure is fine for those motors.. Yes please, if you can send me a replacement rectifier, I will solder it on.. The -ve wire is also crispy so will replace that too...

Steve..

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
    You set the the PSU for two outputs, 65v 8amps which I am pretty sure is fine for those motors.. Yes please, if you can send me a replacement rectifier, I will solder it on.. The -ve wire is also crispy so will replace that too..
    Ok, I've got a few 35 amp ones lying around which should do the trick.

I'm a bit worried now you appear to be using this power supply with the PM542 drivers? I thought is was PM752. If that's the case it's bad as those drivers are only rated for 50V. I'll check in our emails what voltage the transformer actually is/was.

EDIT: Nevermind, that's me being an idiot...it's the PM752 so not a problem.
    I really need to go now.

Hi Jonathan..

No, I am using your PSU for a pair of nema 34's, which are run by a pair of PM752 drivers.. Think these are rated at 70v and have run them well till now.. Have just been reminded that I moved the PSU last week, perhaps I jogged that single strand of wire...?

Steve..

Hi all..

Jonathan gave me a quick fix for the PSU so am up and running again.. But the problem of the x axis remains, so please dont give up on me all you CNC gods out there...

Steve...

Steve

I have one of the PSU's that Jonathan is talking about (the ones off eBay).

I have to have a clearout so if its any good to you make me an offer.

I have not used it, just powered it up to make sure all is ok when I first got it.

Regards

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by audioandy View Post
    I have one of the PSU's that Jonathan is talking about (the ones off eBay).
    I'll buy it if Steve doesn't, but it looks like his needs are greater. I'm guessing as it says you're also in Nottingham there would be no need to post it...

Ok Jonathan

No problem, let Steve have first call then it's over to you.

Regards

Andy

ps I'm in Sutton-in-Ashfield just off Junc 28 M1

8. Same/very similar problem here. When jogging an X-Y table with MACH3 at full speed (400mm/min) in either the Y+/Y- direction and then, at the same time, attempting to jog either X+/X- at full speed [and completely vice versa] there are a lot of loud horrible mechanical noises and the table clearly stops moving correctly. This is 100% repeatable. Not seen this happen when machining a piece - that said I'm not aware of a situation where the machine is asked to move full speed in, say, the X direction whilst it's already moving full speed in the Y direction. I assumed - for no good reason - that this was a MACH3 jogging thing. So now I'm very interested in the answer.

Setup:
    Motors: SY60STH88-3008BF (x3)
    Driver: PM542 @ 1,600 pulses per rev, 2.37A(Peak) [1.69A(RMS)]
    Supply: 43V
    MACH3 motor config': 627 steps per mm, 400mm per min

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I'm not aware of a situation where the machine is asked to move full speed in, say, the X direction whilst it's already moving full speed in the Y direction. I assumed - for no good reason - that this was a MACH3 jogging thing. So now I'm very interested in the answer.
    Nothing to stop you running a program like this. It's conceivable on a drilling cycle.

G21 G61
    G0 X0 Y0
    G0 X100 Y100
    G0 X0 Y0
    G0 X100 Y100
    G0 X0 Y0
    G0 X100 Y100

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Setup:
    Motors: SY60STH88-3008BF (x3)
    Driver: PM542 @ 1,600 pulses per rev, 2.37A(Peak) [1.69A(RMS)]
    You and Steve are both running these motors in Bipolar series, not parallel ... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by audioandy View Post
    No problem, let Steve have first call then it's over to you.

Hi Karl..

At last! Someone with the same problem.. I ran a piece of code last week with 16000 lines and it was not until near the end that it stalled my x axis.. The code was making a rapid move at 45 degrees for 11mm and then stalled the x axis.. I have now spoken to several people about this problem and between us have eliminated most of the potential problems.. What remains is;

Re-install Mach3 including driver..
    Trying a different PC in case it is the parallel port..

I will dive into the workshop and try both these things and report back any success/failure..

Steve..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information