Hi All,

I don't know if this is the place for this but here goes.

After years of following this forum I am about to start my own CNC Router. I abandoned the idea of doing a metal version of the Solsylva design because of the potential problem
of getting 2 cheap ballscrews to be accurate enough in pitch to prevent crabbing of the gantry. I will now be using HiltonSteve's excellent design http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showth...u-lot-for-this....!
Which is proven. However when I started costing it up, the cost for the Hwin linear rails and carriages alone is nearly £800 :sad:. The cost of 3 x FK12 and FF12 bearing supports comes to £200!! so my budget has been doubled.

So any suggestions on where I can source the Hwin linear rails and carriages more cheaply (HGW20)? Or do I need to look at 20mm round rail and linear bearings?

For the bearing supports, does any one on the forum make or know of a cheaper source bearing supports? I will be using Zapp 1605 ballscrews on all axes (1000 x 650 x 300 mm) and can source the double-row angular contact bearings for the fixed end of the ball screws and single row bearings for the floating end.

Does anyone do Nema 23 stepper motor mounts?

There is someone on e-bay called CNC4YOU has anybody dealt with them and can tell me about the quality of the ballscrews and stepper motor drivers?

Many thanks everyone

Mike