. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Good day all.
    I am looking at buying one of the chinese 2.2KW water cooled spindles with matching vfd unit.
    Looking at the eBay ads it seems that the vdf unit is a Huanyang HY02D223B.
    Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to connect this VFD to my computer so that Mach3 can control the spindle?
    And if it is possible, how to do so?
    Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Yes it is possible, either by configuring it for digital input which allows you to select (I think) 8 different speeds or by using the anologue speed control input and mach's PWM output which may require smoothing. I'm sure you'll find it if you look on CNC zone. I've not done it yet as I prefer to control it myself.

Here's the English-ish manual which should clarify things:

http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf

John S -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Good day all.
    I am looking at buying one of the chinese 2.2KW water cooled spindles with matching vfd unit.
    Looking at the eBay ads it seems that the vdf unit is a Huanyang HY02D223B.
    Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to connect this VFD to my computer so that Mach3 can control the spindle?
    And if it is possible, how to do so?
    Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
    You will require a 0-10v speed control, your BOB may or may not have this. Thou you can a buy a spindle control board cheap enough.
    Then it's just a case of setting VFD params and Mach3 settings.

First let me warn you that the Huanyang drives are very low quality and I've personally had trouble with them and know of others the same.
    I would strongly recommend you buy the VFD in UK, also buy a torque vector drive for best performance. The torque vector drive will allow you to run the spindle at lower rpm's and still have some torque left. . . . I can run mine between 4-5K and still be usable.

I've heard that the Huanyang VFD's tend to break after a certain amount of time, or that the keypad fails. I modified the cooling on mine (well, milled a bit off the heatsink so that it's not really close to the capacitors) and it's been fine for a fairly long time. If it breaks I'll try and fix it and if still nothing but a new one ... not sure weather I'd get the same or not. Depends how long it lasts I suppose.

As Jazz says, ones with vector current control are the best, but naturally they're also more expensive. If you intend to use the spindle a lot at low speed you might be better off making a brushless motor spindle as that will have a lot more torque in that range.

I do have a Siemens 250W (and possibly 550W, shame it's not more) VFD that I don't really need... so if anyone can be bothered to interpret their manual...

Hi,

I use this VFD and control it from Mach3 using RS-485. There is a nice plugin for Mach3 to make the control and you have to set the VFD settings correct. I had no problems doing this.

Just do NOT buy from solar.jean on ebay. Jack ju´s store. For your own sake. Some people probably got a working spindle from him, but I did not. The cone for the collets was 7.5 degrees instead of 8. Meaning my tools throw 0.3mm. He spend a lot of time between each mail and saying that he would help me. And said he would pay for the return shipment and everything. Just to delay everything so that the time to complain on E-bay would be lost. And then no more answers from him. The last thing he said is that I could just use some grinding paste on a collet and turn it around in the cone to fixt the problem. But polishing away 0.2mm using a collet, is that really a good idea?

Try him if you want, I would never buy from him again. Just as a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Agwan View Post
    Just do NOT buy from solar.jean on ebay.
    Interesting... Chip and I got spindles and VFDs from him and they've been fine. I'm sure other people on the forum have too. Maybe he changed supplier?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Yes it is possible, either by configuring it for digital input which allows you to select (I think) 8 different speeds or by using the anologue speed control input and mach's PWM output which may require smoothing. I'm sure you'll find it if you look on CNC zone. I've not done it yet as I prefer to control it myself.

Here's the English-ish manual which should clarify things:

http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf

VFD convertor HuanyangHy02d223b frequence convertor.
    We have a VFD convertorHuanyang hy02d223bfrequence convertor, and we obtain the problem that we can drive a motot of 2,2Kw 1750 Rpm, but no pmower is driving the motor, i.e. the motor runs untill a welldefined lower frquence, but above that frequence the motor does’nt turnanymore, although we hear in the motor that the frequence ( sound in motor )amounts in function of the pot meter setting.

We thing ithas something to do with the parameter setting in the convertor, but did’ntfind the solution untill now.

The frequency isadjustable up to 400 Hz higher than 32 Hz he stops, and as he turns he has notorque.

PD01 – 0 ( instellingen vanaf VFD paneel )

PD005 - 400

PD004 - 400

PD003 - 400

PD006 - 2.5

PD007 - 1.20

PD008 - 220

PD009 – 15

PD011 – 0

PD041- 5

PD015 - 1

PD072 - 400.00

PD143 - 2

PD142 - 7

PD144 - 3000,

PD015 - 1

PD072 - 400.00

PD143 - 2

PD142 - 7

PD144 - 3000,

Has anybodysome idea about the reason of this problem ?

This are the motor characteristics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	7296 
Size:	464.6 KB 
ID:	15703  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information