. .
    Hi All,

I have a yellow 'SAFETY' message appear on the right hand side of the 'machine' window in eazicnc 3 just above the MDI window. Normally it is a green 'OK'. I have just pinched nut up, taken rocking out out of main spindle bearings. Spindle still turns freely. Any ideas?

Best to email the supplier, I assume that is Conqueror Design and Engineering Limited, they will reply pretty smatly.

Peter

Cheers Pete, I am a bit embarrassed to say I had the guard resting on the hair-trigger emergency stop button? Oops? Thanks for your concern.

Next question. I am a complete novice and learning G-code programming without any previous experience. I plan to make some molds to lay up Carbon Fibre and would like to machine Numbers and letters in the mould. Are there any pre-written g-code programs that will control the machine to mill in different fonts. Obviously the code is font-size dependent, but maybe the code has a scale factor in the program?

Any ideas?

Easycnc has text option built in, a bit blocky if memory serves.
    If you put them in the mold I think they will have to be 'backwards' as it were so as to read them positivley if you get my meaning.
    I have tried many ways to get a single line text in easycnc but so far have had no luck.
    Doing small text using outline is a bit of a time waster as the cutter keeps going over the same ground twice.
    Just play and see what you end up with

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ptjw7uk View Post
    Easycnc has text option built in, a bit blocky if memory serves.
    If you put them in the mold I think they will have to be 'backwards' as it were so as to read them positivley if you get my meaning.
    I have tried many ways to get a single line text in easycnc but so far have had no luck.
    Doing small text using outline is a bit of a time waster as the cutter keeps going over the same ground twice.
    Just play and see what you end up with

Peter
    Hi Peter:
    Do you know if CDE still exists? I have a registered version of Eazicnc3, but my laptop crashed and I've had to reload. I need a new reg number to unlock the 'sketch' and open DXF files functions. Normally Alex just emailed me the number when I've had past crashes but I understand he died.

Unfortunately Alex did die - His father is now listed as being in charge bets to send a letter to him :-
    210 Runley Road, Luton, England, LU1 1UB

Parts of their web site are still functional but little else, last time I tried emailing them I got no reply as I wanted to buy the pendrive to enable Eazicnc3 on any machine, should have done it a lot earlier.

Let me know if you get a reply!

Peter

Did you change any of the laptop components as I understand it the machine should have the same id as last time unless something has changed!
    Last edited by ptjw7uk; 28-01-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Thread Information