. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AdCNC View Post
    and with this if your system is "adequate" mount it in the Z or Y.
    The obvious consideration there is what difference the extra mass of the cooling system (as opposed to just the pipes) would make to the stability of the gantry. Difficult to say... there's a fancy looking one on Youtube that did this.

Hi All
    I was just wondering where it is best to put the rad. Between the pump in the reservoir, so it pumps the water through the rad before reaching the spindle, or between the spindle and reservoir so it cools it coming out the spindle before it goes back into the reservoir??

:)

Quote Originally Posted by don_jarr View Post
    I was just wondering where it is best to put the rad. Between the pump in the reservoir, so it pumps the water through the rad before reaching the spindle, or between the spindle and reservoir
    It does not make a difference. Since the flow rate is reasonably high, once the system has reached equilibrium the temperature of the water at any point in the system will be virtually the same...only a couple of degrees difference, if that.
    What does make a significant difference is the length of the pipes (flow resistance), so if either system uses shorter pipes overall that's the one to go for.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Liquid Paraffin Oral Emulsion BP or baby oil? The advantage, if there is a leak, this won't short any of the electronics, in fact, they can be completely submerged in it! I know a guy who has an Xbox currently running, sitting in a fish tank full of baby oil to cool it! (he is a liitle ecentric though).

Tom
    Sherline lathe, Chester DB11V lathe, Myford/ Rodney mill, CNC mill Isel/ home made, Sealy Hack Saw, Meddings Pillar drill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information