. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    why not get someone else to build it for you if you don't have the time.

I'm sure some one could build you one to the spec you require at fraction of the cost of a black foot kit machine

James and Luke

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luke11cnc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    It's still wood which is inherently very weak. Torsion box helps but compared to steel/aluminium it will still have very poor stiffness.

It had occurred to me to make kits for routers with plywood on my machine, but I've not as it's very dishonest/misleading to imply it will work well for any reasonable size machine.
    This must be a first! . . . . . We Completely agree on something. Lol

Thanks for all your opinions,
    I haven't replied sooner as I've been busy most evenings doing some prices for jobs and reading a book I picked up on the subject. As to the use of wood, it seems that the consensus is not to go near it and I guess it is obviously not as strong as metal but can a new one be bought or built by someone else as you suggested for my budget of £4000( electronics, and all necessary software incl.)

Anyone up for the project, 8x4 three axis with a short Z axis, London based would be better. In the meantime I've got to book myself in to a CAD course.

Garvan

£4000 should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dubchip View Post
    Anyone up for the project, 8x4 three axis with a short Z axis, London based would be better. In the meantime I've got to book myself in to a CAD course.
    I'm up for it, but I'm 100 miles from London.

Don't need a course for CAD, just press the buttons and see what happens :tup:
    If that fails then use the tutorials and help file.

Wow that was a quick reply
    I see that your'e based in Nottingham up the infamous M1 probably a bit to far for a project like this. I imagine that it would require quite a few visits before anything would get started. I could handle the M4 as I'm west London based or even the M3 but also I suppose its very much a question of closeness/ quality ratio so you never know. Do you have some pictures of your CNC machine that I could see.

Cheers

Hiya, I reckon £4000 would get you a chinese 1200x1200x100 machine complete with computer and ready to go, but a 2400x1200 machine might be a bit more due to the size/freight.....

I origionally started out wanting to build a machine 3mt x 1mt a couple of years ago, eventually I went down the import route as it was so much easier :s Although I ended up with a 1200x1200, hehe.

If you wanted to check the quality etc you are most welcome to come and see/use mine

Quote Originally Posted by GMCNC View Post
    Hiya, I reckon £4000 would get you a chinese 1200x1200x100 machine complete with computer and ready to go, but a 2400x1200 machine might be a bit more due to the size/freight.....

[I origionally started out wanting to build a machine 3mt x 1mt a couple of years ago, eventually I went down the import route as it was so much easier :s Although I ended up with a 1200x1200, hehe.

If you wanted to check the quality etc you are most welcome to come and see/use mine :cool]:
    Thanks for the offer GMCNC but are you not a importer? I see from your reply to another thread that your selling these Chinese machines at www.gmcnc.co.uk. They do look like decent machines and isn't that a 8x4 in the first page. Well find out for me the costs and maybe if its a decent price I will come and visit you.

Hiya, Will do as soon as I get back from my hols!

Simon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information