. .
    Hi, After some head bashing with the account verification system, I finally got authenticated.

I am a completely unqualified British Bodger, Shedhead and Tinkerer. Possibly one of the worst people to have as a neighbour, from a Health & Safety point of view.

I have built three CNC routers so far, all to my own design;

#1 was built from timber. It was wimpy but did make a serviceable laser cutter

#2 was built from MDF. It was over ambitious in size and I resolved never to use MDF again. It is unstable and soaks up humidity like a sponge. However #2 was quite good for a while.

#3 my most recent build, has been made from super chunky aluminium C-channel. I just have taken delivery of trapezoidal leadscrews to upgrade from the recycled all-thread. #3 is in a semi-finished state. There are still quite a few mods to be made, but you can see her below.

More piccies of badly built CNC routers and other crap I have made are available on my blog: The Crapworks

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I am a completely unqualified British Bodger, Shedhead and Tinkerer. Possibly one of the worst people to have as a neighbour, from a Health & Safety point of view.
    Without the Bodgers antique furniture auctions would be far and few between. I'm qualified to make woodwind, not exactly useful for CNC. You know where you went wrong with your routers so I won't rub salt in your wounds

Where did you buy Petrobond?

best

Robin

Screw it, just do it!

Welcome!
    Sherline lathe, Chester DB11V lathe, Myford/ Rodney mill, CNC mill Isel/ home made, Sealy Hack Saw, Meddings Pillar drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Where did you buy Petrobond?
    From the excellent Mindsets Online (formerly Middlesex Uni)

Very reasonable @ £3.02 per kilogram. Direct Link Here

Thread Information