. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have the following , might have to copy and paste

http://www.routoutcnc.com/lptcon.html

how do i wire in a e-stop button to this please and the button can be wired 2 different ways.
    Last edited by deannos; 20-11-2011 at 10:06 PM.

the link works now

What a shit manuel that is why bother.?

Anyway to answer your Q just put one of the wires from the E-stop to any input connection then the other wire to Ground connection. Then in the control software IE Mach just assign that input number to the E-stop input option in ports n pins setup.

Edit: Regards Switch being wired 2 ways it will be either normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC) wire it NC. If your using Mach and it won't reset or doesn't come out of E-stop then just toggle the active hi-lo setting in ports n pins.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-11-2011 at 10:28 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    What a shit manuel that is why bother.?

Anyway to answer your Q just put one of the wires from the E-stop to any input connection then the other wire to Ground connection. Then in the control software IE Mach just assign that input number to the E-stop input option in ports n pins setup.
    Thanks Jazz,

But how do i wire the switch, am i breaking a circuit or making one

Wire the switch so the circuit is made (NC) then when you hit the switch it breaks the circuit. Really it doesn't matter which way because you can change the active hi -lo setting but best wired NC then if the wire breaks the machine will stop letting you know something is wrong.

If your just testing the system then wiring the E-stop this way which is basicly software controlled is ok. But if you want to be truely protect your machine and your self then you ought to look at using a hard wired E-stop that kills the power rather than just tells the software to stop. Software driven E-stop is NOT safe.

See my Edit of #4
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-11-2011 at 10:58 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    But if you want to be truely protect your machine and your self then you ought to look at using a hard wired E-stop that kills the power rather than just tells the software to stop. Software driven E-stop is NOT safe.
    Another way is to make the E-stop switch interrupt the stepper motor step signals (resistor + switch to ground would do it, or better an AND gate on each), or use their enable input if they have one. That way the motors remain powered upon e-stop and make sure the axis' doesn't move. If you just cut the power to the stepper drivers then there's a very slight chance they may be damaged (but then it's an emergency after all, so that shouldn't matter?), but more importantly the motor could keep spinning for a bit due to it's inertia, or gravity with the Z-axis. I once had a power cut whilst my machine was cutting aluminium and it caused the cutter to plunge into the material and shatter - the Z-axis dropped due to gravity.

Having said that I've not bothered with any of this :whistling: ... but that's not reason for anyone else not to.

Thread Information