. .
    Does anybody know if it's possible/safe for me to replace the 36v 10amp power supply in my Eazicnc2X box. I've changed my motors on my Denford Easiturn for 4.2A Nema 34's from Arc Euro but i don't think i'm getting enough juice for them.
    Many Thanks,
    David

Why did you get them from Arc, they're the most expensive place for steppers? £45 for those steppers from Arc versus about £26 on eBay (depending how many you buy).

Anyway..

10 Amps should be enough for two (must be 2 as it's a lathe?) of those motors in Bipolar parallel or series. What makes you say they're not getting enough 'juice'? Not much torque, slow, not heating up?

36 Volts is a bit low for those motors, 50-75V is much better however if your drivers can't accept that high a voltage it may not be worthwhile replacing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Why did you get them from Arc, they're the most expensive place for steppers? £45 for those steppers from Arc versus about £26 on eBay (depending how many you buy).

Anyway..

10 Amps should be enough for two (must be 2 as it's a lathe?) of those motors in Bipolar parallel or series. What makes you say they're not getting enough 'juice'? Not much torque, slow, not heating up?

36 Volts is a bit low for those motors, 50-75V is much better however if your drivers can't accept that high a voltage it may not be worthwhile replacing them.
    Hi Jonathan,
    Thanks for your prompt reply. My reason for getting them through Arc was that i had a credit to use up.

I think that they aren't getting enough juice as the motors appear to not have much torque. When i take several 0.5mm cut in 304 stainless steel using the G85 turning cycle, the x axis keeps losing position by 3 or 4 thou as though the motor is stalling and losing steps compared to the DRO. It's not much of a cut really. I have checked the crosslide and it has no tightness and the ballscrew/nut are as new so it's not a binding issue. The motors are wired in bipolar parallel.
    Any advice you can offer would be very gratefully received.
    Regards,
    David

Thread Information