. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'd like to see a follow up to this. I thought the foundry was asking a lot for the castings though.

Quote Originally Posted by elfinjnr View Post
    I may be able to help. I have a foundry in my garage. I can do the old cope and drag or I can vacuum loss foam castings.
    I'm set up for doing development work on my race bikes so one-off isn't an issue. I'm in Grenoside by the way.
    How come nobody bit his arm off? Is it too late? Has he gone? Come back Elfinjnr, all is forgiven

Still here Robin.
    I'll do patterns and casting in exchange for work on my miller conversion.
    Just contact me with what you need.

Still here Robin.
    What materials do you cast and what's the maximum weight?

Still here Robin.
    A trade?

I can cut 2.5D to better than 1 thou in mild steel and aluminium on a good day. Can you make iron axle boxes for my cannon? A hollow truncated cone about 35cm long. See pic.

I lost the patterns last time I got them cast. As far as I know they are still in his bloomin' garage up North, I never could seem to dislodge them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	axlebox.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	5871  

I'm sure I can think of something I want casting!

Can't cut parts to 1 thou, but I can cut anything up to 1700*740*400mm in aluminium on my router.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Non ferrous is my bag. The furnace is 600,000BTU so its capable of doing iron. The issue is lifting that weight as I work with a crucible. I'm sure within the DIY casting, a cupula would be better as you can tap straight into the mould (if your good). I can get one offs done in a few steel/iron foundry's in Sheffield.
    The popular misconception is that iron is easy. In reality its the hardest. Personally I'd use alloy or brass every time. Much easier and cheaper to do.
    Casting weight is what ever I can lift. 30KG at 800C takes a bit of bottle though.

8. Hi all been busy with other stuff ,drawing up castings on pro engineer and playing with cast epoxy carbon fibre and some sand and rocks ,which is technology I have used before ,I do need to get down to see elfin (i still got your number fella) plus worklife has been taking precedence

oh almost forgot i came across these

http://www.klippfeld.at/frame_en/bil...rodukte=zusatz

and they dont cost too much to buy
    Last edited by compositepro; 29-04-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information