. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I'd had it off the machine to test fit into a spindle mount I'd made for someone.
    Done that a few times for the same reason. Now I just use a bar I machined to 80mm as a gauge, but still it's best to use an actual spindle as then I can get the mounts level using surface plate etc..

It killed the spindle instantly and blew a torque vector drive ABB ACS350. VFD faulted and wouldn't come out of reset.
    :cry: Have you done anything with the drive since? I've fixed a VFD in which some of the IGBTs and other bits blew on before now, so you never know...worth a try as they're not cheap?

The new spindle is much better 8.5A instead of 7A with a much larger better quality 4 wire connector so one can be grounded to body.
    Could you link me to that one to confirm which it is please? What's the run-out like?

Yes I did strip it down heres some pics.
    Useful ... better than the other pics I've seen. I've been contemplating modifying one for ATC, but never wanted to risk taking mine apart. Now the rotor/collet chuck is out it should be possible to machine it accordingly.

Thought about trying to rewind the spindle? If it was me I'd have a go. Nothing to loose.

Killed mine by a silly mistake, I'd had it off the machine to test fit into a spindle mount I'd made for someone. When I replaced it didn't fasten a cable bracket and over a few weeks the cable flexing caused the wire to break inside the small crappy spindle connector causeing a big flash bang dead short. It killed the spindle instantly and blew a torque vector drive ABB ACS350. VFD faulted and wouldn't come out of reset.
    The new spindle is much better 8.5A instead of 7A with a much larger better quality 4 wire connector so one can be grounded to body.

I was very pleased with the build quality and the bearings were in very good condition even after nearly 3yrs use.
    Very easy to strip and I wouldn't hesitate to strip one down and replace the bearings. Basicly 30min job Max.

How did you remove the aluminum nut off, I'm trying to repair and replace the bearings on mine but I cant get the aluminum retaining nut to came out..

Sorry I'm not on the forum here. thanks for your help

Killed mine by a silly mistake, I'd had it off the machine to test fit into a spindle mount I'd made for someone. When I replaced it didn't fasten a cable bracket and over a few weeks the cable flexing caused the wire to break inside the small crappy spindle connector causeing a big flash bang dead short. It killed the spindle instantly and blew a torque vector drive ABB ACS350. VFD faulted and wouldn't come out of reset.

I was very pleased with the build quality and the bearings were in very good condition even after nearly 3yrs use.
    Very easy to strip and I wouldn't hesitate to strip one down and replace the bearings. Basicly 30min job Max.

Hello, how did you remove the aluminium retaining nut, is there any rick to it, im in the middle of the disassemble process and I cant get around that.. (the nuts stops on the chuck thread)

Weve just fixed two vfd's off a shear. There 3phase ones but still cheaper than buying a brand new one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information