Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
I'd had it off the machine to test fit into a spindle mount I'd made for someone.
Done that a few times for the same reason. Now I just use a bar I machined to 80mm as a gauge, but still it's best to use an actual spindle as then I can get the mounts level using surface plate etc..

It killed the spindle instantly and blew a torque vector drive ABB ACS350. VFD faulted and wouldn't come out of reset.
:cry: Have you done anything with the drive since? I've fixed a VFD in which some of the IGBTs and other bits blew on before now, so you never know...worth a try as they're not cheap?

The new spindle is much better 8.5A instead of 7A with a much larger better quality 4 wire connector so one can be grounded to body.
Could you link me to that one to confirm which it is please? What's the run-out like?

Yes I did strip it down heres some pics.
Useful ... better than the other pics I've seen. I've been contemplating modifying one for ATC, but never wanted to risk taking mine apart. Now the rotor/collet chuck is out it should be possible to machine it accordingly.

Thought about trying to rewind the spindle? If it was me I'd have a go. Nothing to loose.