. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    I am not used to posting stuff, else I would paste the text in, but it appears that is not possible. The filr I wanted to send you is an RTF, so in order to send it I have renamed it with the extension PNG. If you actuall get this you need to copy the file and rename it to an RTF. The file is called JLS_FIRMWARE_INSTALL Good luck!
    No sorry, I can not see how to send this RTF, so contact me: - [email]
    Stocky Welcome to the forum. I would remove your email because of the spammers out there. Also you do realise that this post is about 5 years old.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

2. Quote Originally Posted by jif View Post
    The millgrav was one of my favourite machines because it did away with the old pantograph which could sometimes be difficult to set up and it was so easy to knock it out of square meaning a service call out to reset it.
    Ian
    Hi Ian,

I've been using a PantoCut in my engraving business for nearly 10 years now. Would I be able to contact you to discuss what servicing & maintenance procedures I've been neglecting? I believe mine is also out of square. Or more specifically the spindle doesn't move perfectly straight in the x-axis, but instead has a slight arc to it. I guess the pantograph needs adjusting?

I hope you are still around and this request finds you.

Cheers

Rick

3. ***UPDATE***

Just found and bought a MillGrav! These are very rare in Australia. They were over $80k (AUD) back in the 90's when new. Can't wait to put it to use!

Good afternoon All
    We have 3 millgrav in our business and have been running them for nearly 2 decades from the JLS software,
    We have decided to upgrade the software and are going for CADLINKS engraving lab but we seem to be hitting various issues when handshaking the apex controllers we have both 2 key anf 3 key versions
    any help would be appreciated if some has some experience of this I really dont want to flash the Apex controller as if it doesnt work their scrap and getting the firmware again is nowon impossible except from pantograph in leeds
    like I said any help would be appreciated

5. Quote Originally Posted by Archersigns View Post
    Good afternoon All
    We have 3 millgrav in our business and have been running them for nearly 2 decades from the JLS software,
    We have decided to upgrade the software and are going for CADLINKS engraving lab but we seem to be hitting various issues when handshaking the apex controllers we have both 2 key anf 3 key versions
    any help would be appreciated if some has some experience of this I really dont want to flash the Apex controller as if it doesnt work their scrap and getting the firmware again is nowon impossible except from pantograph in leeds
    like I said any help would be appreciated
    I'm triple jealous! You have 3 times more MillGrav in your life than I... ;)

These guys are the original manufacturers of the Apex controllers: www.irridianindustrial.co.uk

They should be able to advise if what you want to achieve is possible.

Please let us know how you go. I'm happy enough with JLS but I do have EngraveLab and could be useful alternative. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Archersigns View Post
    The folks at Pantograph are the most helpful company I've ever had the pleasure to deal with, I would speak to them about this.
    I was there a few weeks ago regards a Router/engraver I've got to build and they freely allowed me to pick their brains and vast knowledge regards engraving machines. They showed me around the whole place and spent best part of 2 hours offering advice and making suggestions knowing full well the only business they were likely to get was for a £130 engraving spindle. They really are Genuine helpful people who want to help and they have forgotten more than most so-called experts think they now about engraving and it instantly shows when you meet and speak to them.

7. UPDATE - Overt the last 12months I have been able to successfully output G-Codes (full 3D) made in Fusion360 to the MillGrav via the Apex2 controller.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information