. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi guys i`m looking for a coupling but cant seem to find the size im looking for
    i`m after a ridgid style one piece clamp coupler to connect a 14mm shaft to 16mm shaft
    i would make one but my lathe is out of action till i can find parts

if some one could point me in the right direction i would be greatful
    or if you can make one send me a quote
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coupler.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	5070  

Hi
    Wow, just looked them up, not cheap are they? I'm sure you've looked into it but are you sure you can't get away with an oldham, they are a lot cheaper and seems a lot of money to then have to make a bush. With oldhams you can bore them out but at the price, I've bough tteo before and swappd ends. Thats a Ruland bush? They will make any two bore sizes, I suspect they will want some significant money though!

http://www.ruland.com/ps_couplings_rigid_mspx.asp

Tom
    Last edited by black5f; 21-12-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Extra info
    Sherline lathe, Chester DB11V lathe, Myford/ Rodney mill, CNC mill Isel/ home made, Sealy Hack Saw, Meddings Pillar drill.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to black5f For This Useful Post:

going to make them my self i bumped in to a old friend of mine who has a lathe (i forgot he had that lol)

Was going to offer to make one as I've done lots in the past. Let me know if you still need it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07501 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	5071

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but it's best if you bore the 14mm and 16mm hole both frome the same side of the coupling, i.e. do it all without taking the material out of the chuck. That ensures the two holes are perfectly concentric.

just wondered is the picture your work ????
    if so pm me a offer depending on the price i might take you up on it

Yes they are...used to sell them on eBay then decided it's just not worth it. They look like 8mm ones. For your size I would use 30mm aluminium bar, how long?

Here's some more I made earlier:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07507 (Large).JPG 
Views:	293 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	5072

about 80mm long want good contact area both ends

will 30mm bar have anough meat left on the 16mm end for the screws ??
    Last edited by Scott; 22-12-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Jonathan you might want to consider allowing the slit to cut the opposite side as well. it allows it to grip much better. Scott if you want one of theses to cover the whole screw (thread as well) then that is not good. You need to take some off to about 12mm which should be about the bottom of the thread, 16mm seems a bit big?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

i`m sure you are thinking for a leadscrew??? first post makes it sound like it lol
    all i need to do is connect a 14mm motor shaft to a 16mm shaft with a sprocket on it

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Jonathan you might want to consider allowing the slit to cut the opposite side as well. it allows it to grip much better.
    I did consider it, but my slitting saw is not big enough. When I get a bigger one I'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Scott if you want one of theses to cover the whole screw (thread as well) then that is not good. You need to take some off to about 12mm which should be about the bottom of the thread, 16mm seems a bit big?
    It would be helpful to know what it's for. 16mm implies a ballscrew, but 14mm is a bit big for a motor and 80mm is a bit much....perhaps it's for something else?

Edit: Didn't see previous post in time, so it is something else...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information