. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I've been fitting my bed (only MDF for now) but I have come to the conclusion that the CNC Machine needs fixing to the floor and screwing to the walls as when I jog it you can see it shake I think it is moving as a hole item (wish I had made it out of steel now)

Am I the only one that has done this??

I will be fitting two six millimetre Aluminium sheets to the long sides of the CNC machine just for good measure later on. So they will measure around
    1290x300

James

Is there room in the design for two diagonal stretchers from corner to corner ?
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Is there room in the design for two diagonal stretchers from corner to corner ?
    I think so...

It's common to fix them to the floor, but not the wall. I think it's a good idea to fix it to the wall too so long as you can do it without distorting the frame. The wall is obviously very strong so if the frame is fixed to the 2 walls at a few points you've immediately made it significantly stronger, in addition to stopping it moving.

But why is it moving should be a question.? . . . Is it just the inertial movement from stopping etc while fast jogging or is it from vibration.?

If it's inertial then it's simply the lack of mass but if it's vibrating or shacking from miss aliagnment then you need to find the cause because even if it's fastened to the wall floor while it won't walk around the floor it will still resonate and show in the finished cut. . . . It will also destroy it's self in a short amount of time if too bad.

It's not uncommon for small or light framed machines to walk around while rapid jogging so nearly always need bolting down. Even my steel framed machine is bolted down.

It's moving due to the acceleration / deceleration, i.e. when it changes direction rapidly. We tried the 'Bulls Head' test sign in Vcarve which dots around a lot...

I doubt it's a problem of misalignment. All the slides are very smooth.

It sounds like it needs more reinforcement like John says, plates on the sides would be the most benefit
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

well I've added some brackets with more to be added over the weekend and bolt the machine to the floor

here is a short video of the machine moving.

http://youtu.be/WN39HY7G0DE

James

It looks like you have been worrying about this for a long time (since 2007)
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Not bad, but it's not set to the full acceleration and speed yet...

Try running that with the program we cut as just moving through the corners only changes direction 4 times so there's only 4 times the coin might fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    It took that long for the coins super glue to dry. .

Looks like your worring about nothing there James.!! . . . Crank up the Accelleration/velocity and lets see it. Edit: Preferably cutting.

On another note.!. . . Are you going to lift those spindle brackets further up the front plate, basicly so the collet just clears the bottom of plate so your not wasting clearence height.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 30-12-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information