. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In case any one wants one I now have a .dwg file of the Aztec calendar.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post

Ian
    Mmmm, it's about time I did something proper! Found the spare kress! Spent all day cutting out 2 pence pieces, another excellent waste of time :-)

Tom
    Sherline lathe, Chester DB11V lathe, Myford/ Rodney mill, CNC mill Isel/ home made, Sealy Hack Saw, Meddings Pillar drill.

Quote Originally Posted by black5f View Post
    Found the spare kress!
    Bought a proper spindle for when that goes yet?

Quote Originally Posted by black5f View Post
    Spent all day cutting out 2 pence pieces, another excellent waste of time :-)
    That's illegal isn't it :naughty:

Ian
    I would like one please

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Vectric V-carve, except it wasn't me. Jazz kindly gave me the code which saved a lot of time! :tup:
    It was actually done im Artcam pro not vectric V-carve.! If anyone wants the code there welcome to it but it's a 17mb file and over 1 million lines of code.
    PM me with email and I'll send.

Ian, (Web Goblin)
    The guy who gave me these dxf's(Carve0ne on cnczone) was cutting quite large disc's in mdf and oak. I wanted to cut 150mm in Ali so the dxf's had to be scale down which caused quite a bit of editing and tweaking. So if you paln on doing small disc's then depending on the dxf you've found, (which I guess will have originated where mine came from or could even be my dxf's if 150mm because I did make them available along with the code) may have to do the same.?

Jazz,
    I dont think this one came from cnczone. It came into cad at around 30mm diameter. I have scaled it to 120 dia and it looks ok after regen. I will probably put it through V carve at the weekend and see how it comes out. Havent got time just now because im working on something for a friend. Just out of curiosity have you machined bakelite before?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Bought a proper spindle for when that goes yet?

That's illegal isn't it :naughty:
    Re Kress, In all fairness, it was 25 ish years old. Re proper spindle, I really like this proxon thing, it's not fast but has a lot of torque so will handle even a fly cutter, but gets hot so I have a back burner water cooling project when time allows! What I would really really like is a spare Sherline headstock to put on it.

Re illegal. Well, technically, yes, but after doing some big deep v carving fancied some small stuff and an alignment experiment. You have to understand, I rarely do anything constructive! I'd like too and make some cash but I always get embedded in a software re write of something. It's running really well at the moment, built myself another base, it's got a sliding shelf for key board and mouse, and even an lcd moniter on a bracket. That saves me 4 ft in the garage whch I desperately needed due to an extension which lost me 8 inches in width. I'm trying to re arrange things, things that will have a home rather than a share of a pile of junk! Everything got cleared out and now it needs to go back, so I have the space for the many projects that I'll never finish!.

Tom
    Sherline lathe, Chester DB11V lathe, Myford/ Rodney mill, CNC mill Isel/ home made, Sealy Hack Saw, Meddings Pillar drill.

Jazz,
    Just out of curiosity have you machined bakelite before?
    No sorry it's something I've never worked with.!

If you have any probs with the Aztec just let me know and I'll Email you what I have.

Coins and stuff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnccoin.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	5168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnccoin2.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	385.3 KB 
ID:	5169

Name:	acdc.JPG 
Views:	243 
Size:	373.7 KB 
ID:	5170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dino.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	377.7 KB 
ID:	5171

An excercise in trying to mount concentric and mill. Thin one: the edge varies from 0.34 to 0.4 mm so not bad. But the mount was in wood (just a 26mm hole bored) so had some give. The top part was in ali to form a clamp to hold the 2p down, 25.6 hole with a small 26 dia 0.5 deep lip. Was trying to get the edges as thin as I could, must have over cooked it as on attempt the 1/16 end mill bit snapped. It only has 3mm flute length so I think it touched the clamp edge which was enough to stress it. T/C ouch! Took some vid of the v carving, mute your sound, it's terribly noisy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK4I9wCRHyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiEs_zk4BIY

Did this about 15 years ago, never used them, intended for an O guage model of George Stephenson, thats a Black5 BTW with unique valve gear. They were never used (yet) and they are taper fluted with 1/32 bit. They are out of 1/16 N/S. Never been cleaned up and still have the support tabs and smells of treflex, so nothing changes!

Name:	gsJPG.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	584.7 KB 
ID:	5172

The profiled bits on this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4933236...57625918196683
    Were done on this same machine as well, mild steel. Something else I have to finish!

But back in BC (Before Cnc), we had a device called a file :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4933236...57625918196683

Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information