So I get some time to play with my cnc mill and.. my 600W Kress has just given up on me. Bit anti social, bearings went and it sat there cooking till the fuse went! I smelled burning comming from the garage (generally a bad thing!). It was very hot and still smoking, although the fuse had tripped. I was having a lovely day playing with v carved fonts as well! Got an appropriate tounge lashing form SWMBO. It was 25 years old (RIP). I have a spare somewhere but it's put away in a box in the shed after being forced to clear up and it's too cold to look for it. So I'm on the proxon thing, a lovely DC head but, gets hot after 20 minutes or so, (Note: must make a water cooled jacket sometime).

Re v carve, I bought a bit but it has a 1mm tip. Does anybody know where I can get one with a point? Need two, a small one (1/8 shank) and a 1/4" shank, say 1/2" diameter, 60 degree ideally? Some of the fonts have very sleek sharp strokes which don't show up with a blunt ended bit. I must find the spare Kress as the largest proxon collet is 6mm. How annoying is that! Oh, my 1/4" taper reamer is put away too!

Happy New Year.
Tom