. .

Thread: PCB prototypes

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I know this isn't entirely CNC related, but since I know a few of you make your own PCBs, I figured I'd ask here.

I'm needing to make a few small PCBs (a few of the same design) with a sprinkling of SMD components (design isn't 100% finished just yet), and am looking to get some boards made, so I then just need to solder on the required components.
    Olimex is my currently favoured option, because I've bought some of their stuff before, and they've been good to deal with. They're prices seem reasonable for PCBs, or at least they work out far cheaper than the ready made option I've been using in my breadboards!

Are there any other suppliers I should be looking at?
    Lead time isn't too much of an issue, as I've still got a good bit of programming and testing to do before I finalise the design, but I'm not wanting to wait weeks!

2. Depending on the size and quantity of the boards you need, check out Seeed Studio.
    You'll need to supply them with Gerber files.
    Quick service and cheap price.
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

I've got a mate in the US who use's seed and they are very good so he tells me.
    .Me

4. Another one to look at is Itead. Similar service to Seeed but they also offer 4 layer boards.
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Thread Information