. .
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    Any similarity to Jonathan's machine is purely down to plagiarism.
    Problem with plagiarism is, as they always tell you at school, you copy other people's mistakes! I've put the ballscrew on the Y-axis of my machine in a sub-optimal position, which you've copied! It needs to be closer to cutter / between the rails. The problem is everything between the cutter and ballscrew can deflect, as the linear bearings don't offer much support in that direction. I posted more about it here:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showth...h-X-and-Y-axis

(But don't start thinking of two ballscrews like I suggest there - it's excessive! Just put the ballnut on the other side.)

Had to sit in a hospital waiting room today so plenty of time to think about this. I will try to get a sketch up later with a smidgin less plagarism.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

YEAH!! Just sold my old street fighter so i have the dosherooney for the motors etc.

Right. Here is another thought about the gantry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redesigned gantry 4.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	5195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redesigned gantry 5.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	5196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redesigned gantry 6.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	5197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redesigned gantry 7.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	5198  

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    neh lad for future reference £146 or make and offer,thats where mines from
    Same here (wonder why!), but the postage on 190618666009 is cheaper so Bruce did well. I chose solar.jean at the time as I read that his were better quality, but then he changed the model between us getting it so who knows.
    If anyone else can be bothered to read it all, before buying a spindle there's lots of discussion on which is best (4 bearings versus 3, and better bearings versus fake) here:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...tml#post775132

It seems the consensus is the spindles from linearmotionbearings2008 (i.e. same place we get the ballscrews) are the best at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    It seems the consensus is the spindles from linearmotionbearings2008 (i.e. same place we get the ballscrews) are the best at the moment.
    I can back this up as well. I have bought spindles for machines I've built for people from several places and Chai's(Linearmotionbearings2008) are much nicer and seem to be consistant every time I get one, they only seem to change when there's an upgrade. He tends to be slightly more expensive but I think they are worth the extra.

The last one was for my own machine and it was upgraded from the previous one's. The water conections where larger bore and the Wire connector was much better with a dedicated earth, the Amps where also higher 8.5A from 7.5A which helps torque at lower speeds this is much welcomed.!

It's been a few months since last bought one but I will be getting one for a machine soon so will see what the next one's like.!!

On another note.!! . . . I made the same offer you did bruce to the same guy and he declined.?? . . . . Don't figure.! . . Guess you caught him in a good mood Bruce. . Lucky bugger.

Guess you caught him in a good mood Bruce. . Lucky bugger

Guess we talk the same language (chai chai)

I did not realise when I started this that it would occupy my every waking moment. This is the latest design, Strange thing is I seem to have gone full circle but added strength to the gantry. What do you think, could this be a go?

Bruce

Name:	redesigned gantry 3-1.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	5207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redesigned gantry 3-2.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	5208  

Just had a knock at the door. Nice man had a package for me. One spindle and controller.
    Just like to say that that spindle is really heavy?? Now have to trawl web for wiring info.

Bruce (with a big smile)

Name:	P1010343.JPG 
Views:	231 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	5214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010344.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	5215  

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    Now have to trawl web for wiring info.
    Wiring is the easy part, if you struggle it will more likely be the VFD settings you'll want help with.? . . . It's not hard thou and it's all out there. It's been a while since I setup huanyang VFD but if your stuck just ask. . . . Jonathan will probably know them straight off the top of his head.!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information