. .
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Thats most of the metal bashing completed know. All thats left is brackets to connect the x screwnuts to the gantry and mounts for limit switches. Gues I will have to start on connecting the electrics now. This is the bit that I am not confident about so a bit more reading of old threads and a few stupid questions, as usual.
    The y motor has had its mounting made after this picture was taken.

Bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010479.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	361.2 KB 
ID:	6105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010478.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	431.0 KB 
ID:	6104  
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Just looking at them X brackets Bruce how are you going to mount them to the bearing plates with that big overhang from the plate which the rails sit on.?

It's looking good thou getting very close to fire up time.!!!

I will send you a dwg and you can tell me if it will work.

Bruce

It Lives!!!! Well z and y are working. I have the material at last for the x ballscrew brackets and the limit switches are on their way. The e stop is connected through the breakout board but I think that the external relay for the power to the spindle may be in order. Pictures when the brackets are finished.
    Its not pretty but I love it...said the same about the kids

Bruce

We x y z all working and tolerances not bad. Tied a pen on and drew a line on x and y and seems good using a square.

But I have a bit of a problem with one side of the x axis. As it moves across one side starts to make a noise as though it was starting to bind up. Does not do it in the reverse direction. I have loosened the rails to allow them to move but makes no different. could be the bearings may have been knackered being put of and on the rails as it was built. I have a spare set to try. Disconected and pushing it there is no problem. It probably is the rail/ballscrew tightening.

Have to wait till the weekend now but promise some pictures or maybe video soon.

Bruce

Cannot believe its been 3 weeks!! Today I decided to swap over the ballscrews but leave everything else as is. The binding sound now comes from the other side and yes I think I know the problem. You may remember that I thought it was a good idea to take a ballscrew apart and see how they worked. I think that I may have not found all the balls and that this is the cause of the problem. So I shall have to get another ballnut and try again.

Water pipes are connected and basically just limit switches to fit.

I have fitted a drag chain on the x axis and I am getting another for the y axis. Some bracketry for that and we are almost ready.

Bruce

AAARRGGHHHH I HATE COMPUTERS. All ready to do some alignment checking and the computer decided to crash and reboot. Thats all it does now is reboot, crash, reboot, crash...... Tried a linux disc but that would not load either. It has always been a bit suspect as it would happily run mach but not cambam. Here are a couple of pics. Wiring still waiting to for a tidy up.

Thought you might like to meet my assistant. He seems to have moved into the workshop. I have evicted him but he comes back. I am hoping to train him to weld.

bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010666.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	6705   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010677.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	592.7 KB 
ID:	6703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010678.JPG 
Views:	259 
Size:	510.8 KB 
ID:	6704  

Looking good. Did you solve the suspected problem with the ballnut? If you've not already, try turning the ballscrews by hand to see if they feel smooth with no cyclical torque variation.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    Thought you might like to meet my assistant. He seems to have moved into the workshop. I have evicted him but he comes back. I am hoping to train him to weld.
    I think he'd be more suited to pop-ribbeting?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

I think he'd be more suited to pop-ribbeting?[/QUOTE]

HA! Told him that and he laughed.

Got a new ballnut from cnc4you and all the horrible noises have gone. I am so close to finishing but there is always just one more little thing....
    The tray on the back is for the drag chain. Then the cables and tubes will be sorted.

10. Well done keep up the good work.

Michael

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread Information