. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You do have speed control with that board. The info sheet implies your steppers are 2.4amp per phase and look like nema 34's. From the pics we can not get a good sense of the wiring so difficult to tell if it is possible to just drop the HPGL driver board for a normal bob? is there a parts manual for this at all? Bob's are cheap these days so worth a go before buying drivers i would say?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2608671872...84.m1423.l2649
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Swarfing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by artmin View Post

I asked Heiz what they thought and got the response 'I think your stepper-motor have only 1,7A and our controller have 2,2A.You must try it and check how it works.' If the current supply is higher, is that normally not OK? I'm not sure if I want to risk experimenting with the controller off the Heiz in case I end up with both machines down
    No this will be ok, if it was the other way round then it wouldn't work so good because your motors under full load would demand more current than the board could supply but your motors will only draw 1.7A max and the board can supply 2.2 if needed.

Edit: No scrap that I've just spotted there 2.4A wired Bi-parallel so your on dodgy ground.!!

Regards the motors they are 5 phase motors and ripping out the control would probably mean new motors as well because most modern drives only work with 2 or 4 phase motors.? . . . Luckly motors are cheap.!

2e0poz Can you please change your avitar.?? . . .She gives me a stiffy with every bounce. .

Sorry mate no can do....i just love my Nissan :dance:

Jazz check the specs again, i count 8 wires unless i'm missing something?

Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce....Brum brum................

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Jazz check the specs again, i count 8 wires unless i'm missing something?

Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce....Brum brum................
    Didn't really look at the specs close just read 5 phase in the document transcript.!! . . . Best he checks the motors.? . . . .Artmin do the motors have 8 or 10 wires.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Didn't really look at the specs close just read 5 phase in the document transcript.!! . . . Best he checks the motors.? . . . .Artmin do the motors have 8 or 10 wires.?

Thats cus you were toooooooooooooo busy looking at my avatar:lol:

Funny that, I never noticed the Nissan before. Guess I couldn't see the wood for the trees :lol:

A few beers in me now, but I can only count eight wires from each motor. Would that still make the Heiz controller dodgy?

Cheers,

Gavin

You do have speed control with that board. The info sheet implies your steppers are 2.4amp per phase and look like nema 34's. From the pics we can not get a good sense of the wiring so difficult to tell if it is possible to just drop the HPGL driver board for a normal bob? is there a parts manual for this at all? Bob's are cheap these days so worth a go before buying drivers i would say?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2608671872...84.m1423.l2649
    Wow, I had opened your link in another tab and have just seen it. I see what you mean, if that would do the job & connect to the driver board somehow I'd be flying!

Is there certain software needed to feed these boards or would the likes of Win PC-NC software do it? http://www.lewetz.de/download/hbwin2ecoe.pdf

Thats cus you were toooooooooooooo busy looking at my avatar:lol:
    It is rather distracting.

Those motors don't have much torque (1.5Nm) for nema 34. The datasheet only mentions A and B phases and 8 wires so looks like it's 2 phase. Standard 5-phase stepper motors are 0.72° step angle, whereas this one says 1.8° which is standard for 2-phase 200 step/rev. I've got a fairly big Nema 34 stepper motor lying around somewhere. You can get stepper drivers for them on eBay, but I just made a simple unipolar drive for it and it works. Never actually used it - one day I'll make a proper bipolar drive for it. It's a good candidate for my lathe I reckon...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information