. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i i´m from portugal,
    can anyone help me connecting a pot to my huanyang vfd.
    i knot that the pot as to be 5k to 10k, but i dont know how and what parameters i have to
    adjust.
    thanks

This is how I set up my 2.2KW VFD. Connect both ends of the speed pot across ACM and 10V on the top row of connectors and connect the wiper of the pot to V1 on the bottom row of connectors.
    I think you also need to set PD072 to 400HZ. Set PD070 to 0 for 0-10V setting. Set PD002 to 1 for external speed control.
    I think that is all you need for a pot.

Ian

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Web Goblin For This Useful Post:

can i connect a 5k pot?
    do you have the right side jumper set to vi or vr?
    thanks

You need a 10K pot and set the jumper to VI.

Ian

ok i´m gonna buy one this week
    many thanks
    edgar

do you know if i have to add a start and stop switch for the pot
    to work?
    also i dont know what too put in the pdo72 and pd073
    thanks edgar

Quote Originally Posted by edgas10 View Post
    ok i´m gonna buy one this week
    many thanks
    edgar

You only need an external start/stop controls if you want a remote control of the VFD ie you want your cnc controller to start and stop the VFD. The pot will work without an external start/stop control.
    Set Pd072 to what the highest speed of your spindle is or the highest speed you want it to run at is. Mine is set to 400 which is 400HZ and will be around 24000rpm.
    PD073 is for the slowest speed setting of the spindle. Again set this to what you think the slowest speed you will use is. I think I left mine at the factory setting.

hi many thanks !!
    i´ve got the 5k pot working!
    the problem was that i was not pressing the run button.
    i thought that with the pot did make the start and stop.
    sorry if my english is not so good
    thanks web goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    You only need an external start/stop controls if you want a remote control of the VFD ie you want your cnc controller to start and stop the VFD. The pot will work without an external start/stop control.
    Set Pd072 to what the highest speed of your spindle is or the highest speed you want it to run at is. Mine is set to 400 which is 400HZ and will be around 24000rpm.
    PD073 is for the slowest speed setting of the spindle. Again set this to what you think the slowest speed you will use is. I think I left mine at the factory setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    This is how I set up my 2.2KW VFD. Connect both ends of the speed pot across ACM and 10V on the top row of connectors and connect the wiper of the pot to V1 on the bottom row of connectors.
    I think you also need to set PD072 to 400HZ. Set PD070 to 0 for 0-10V setting. Set PD002 to 1 for external speed control.
    I think that is all you need for a pot.

Ian
    Hi
    I've just registered because I've been looking for a way to control motor speed with my Huanyang 4 KW VFD. I am an electronics illiterate but willing to learn.I've already set the VFD up without problems but found the speed changing process not practical at all. Could you explain to me what kind of potentiometer to buy and where please? I've asked the seller but am not sure they can help. Thanks in advance.
    Nuno

Im not sure if you have an R S Components or similar electronics store where you are to buy a pot.
    What I used is a 10 K Ohm 10 turn linear pot rated at 1 Watt. The 10 turn pot is better for finer control when you want to set up a specific speed. If you don have an electronics store around then you could try ebay but go for a decent make like Vishay. The connections for it will be in your manual for the vfd. You may also have to alter one of the parameters to tell the vfd where it is getting its speed control from such as the external pot. The manual should explain this but you may have to do a bit of digging to find it. Sometimes the manuals don't always explain everything clearly but any more question just ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information