. .

Thread: Which CNC Mill?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm new to CNC but have decided to get a used CNC mill for engraving, as well as machining brass and steel up to 100mm in each direction; probably using it with Mach3 and/or Vcarve.
    So far I'm tempted by the Denford Novamill or the Conect - but should I be looking at anything else, such as the ranges from Sieg or Boxford, or the other Denford models?
    What's involved in converting them to work with Mach3 or vcarve?

Lives in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 03-01-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    A lot depends on your budget, are you looking for 2nd hand or new. My brother in law bought a new Sieg X3 and stripped and rebuilt it before he could use it and with the CNC conversion cost him nearly what I paid for my ready to run Wabeco. The wabeco is not a cheap machine but very high quality built in Germany with a 5 year warranty.
    I have an F1210E with the pcDreh software, although there were a few bugs when I first started using the machine I have finally managed to get my head round the program. Its pretty quick to draw your object then you can run a simulation and then make the part. I am still learning but it gets easier the more I do.
    You can download the software at www.pcdreh.de

Thanks for the info but I took the plunge and bought a Denford Starmill (I also bought a Starturn but this needs some TLC) I've had it moving but haven't had time to cut anything yet. It's a scarily steep learning curve!

Thread Information