. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Yes prices are going up, and this is due to the US dollar to the pound changing.
    Only 6 months ago it was over $2 to the pound.
    I just paid $5000 to my supplier in china and got $1.48 to the pound.

The rate is causing prices everywere to go up.
    The drivers have just gone up, and i suspect motors to go up very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I noticed prices all round increasing just lately :(

The servos may still be an option now! ther eis a chance the gearboxes have survived the bin.

I am still very unsure as to what torque rting i will need to be looking at (or other specs for that matter) to get this >400mm travel aluminium machining mill working smoothly.

thanks for the help. Great knowledge base here.

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,915. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 775 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Hows this build coming along Rich ?
    .Me

A bit slow sadly.

I have all the rexroth extrusion ready for cutting and a bosch 500W die grinder...But an imminent house move has slowed it up a little.

I'll update ASAP i promise ;)

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,915. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 775 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    ok no problem mate !, where did you get the extrusion from ?
    .Me

Originally RS.

I bought it whilst working for an old employer (2 companies ago!) and a mate still works there. They where having a clear out and 6 metres of it had never been used and heading to a skip!

My mate kindly swiped it for me with the corners and some other accessories.

Its hellishly expensive and counting my luck with that one.

Ahh thats not to bad then mate, check out KJN, they seem to be ok for price's. I think i'm going to use extrusion for my next machine build.

I'v just picked up a 500w Ferm router on ebay for £10, seems its just like the Trend T3 (older model to the T4), stiped it down last night gave it a clean and some lithium2 later it seems to be quite nice for the price. I cant see any movment (runout) on it, there is a few of them on ebay, the trend T's are going for £50-60 there is 1 or 2 T3's on ebay as well up for bidding and also on "buy it now" collets seem to be the problem. I'v just found a guy in USA selling a 1/8" to 1/4" collet at £12 inc p&p, seems i may have to if i want to use 3mm shank cutters :D
    .Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information