. .
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Don't it break your heart seeing all that expensive Aluminium turn into expensive floor glitter.!!
    I've estimated it's about 25kg of swarf from this sheet once the 30 hour program has run! Then there's the other side...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Its a 2 flute solid carbine 3mm bit from Cutwell. Done very slowly indeed at 65mm/min and 0.5mm cut depth. I think I could have done it at 1mm cut depth for the pocketing, but I didn't want to push it since the cutter already snapped once finding a good speed! I also put some marker points where I need to drill holes; much quicker to make holes with the pillar drill.

Still, the machine ran for about 3 hours no problems :)

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I'm amazed that spindle managed that and will be even more amazed if it survive's cutting more than 3 before giving up the ghost.!!
    It's done 2... more to go!

The spindle is definitely too low power for this stuff. It was sooo slow. 3 hours to do a 60mm square 8mm deep pocket. Still the motor actually sounds smoother than before.

Sorry to jump in on this thread but i have the 3040 mill how did your machine handle the extra weight of the kress???
    becouse i have the small 0.4kW (0.54HP) arc eurotrade highspeed spindle i`m thinking of fitting to mine

I purchased a Chinese machine Tuesday a 1220 x 1220 and I took it back and got a full refund Thursday! My personal advice is do not bother absolute piece of shite !!!!!! Junk . I cut out a 250 mm square from 18mm mdf and it was 1.75 mm out of square . I am going to save a bit more cash and buy a decent uk built one .
    Buy cheap buy twice !!!!!

Boovey,
    Which one did you buy ?
    John S -

Gm cnc 1220x1220

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I have the 3040 and Im happy with it, it has no problems with Al. Its a brushed motor and its a nice little machine for the price. I'll see if I have any vids of it in action.
    Hi
    I'm new to the forum and to CNC. I've just taken delivery of a rather battered CNC3040. Can you tell me if it is normal for the X and Y axis motors to be very stiff to turn by hand. The Z is quite free. I've powered it all up and Z runs fine. The other 2 motors just make a humming noise. I've reconfigured the pins to drive X with known good channel Z but it still won't run. Do I suspect motors, wiring or warped drive chain. I will attempt to get a replacement but am not holding my breath.
    Any guidance appreciated.
    thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mugginsjm View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to the forum and to CNC. I've just taken delivery of a rather battered CNC3040. Can you tell me if it is normal for the X and Y axis motors to be very stiff to turn by hand. The Z is quite free. I've powered it all up and Z runs fine. The other 2 motors just make a humming noise. I've reconfigured the pins to drive X with known good channel Z but it still won't run. Do I suspect motors, wiring or warped drive chain. I will attempt to get a replacement but am not holding my breath.
    Any guidance appreciated.
    thanks
    John
    Wouldn't bother with replacement try for a refund and get or build something better.!!

Sounds very much like you have mechanical problems rather than Electrical if other Axis won't move when connected to Z axis drive. Very much doubt it will be dead stepper they are sturdy things and the fact you have 2 non moving Axis makes me think Mechanical.

So I'd start by removing the motors from screws and checking if they spin on there own drives with no load.?
    Then work back from there removing ballnuts from the mounts first and spinning screws to see if end bearings are binding or the ballnut it's self has jammed.
    It will become obvious whats causing the problem when motors are off.!!

Ballnuts! 1404 trapezoidal screws

I guessing they might be a wee bit stiff to turn by hand anyway.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information