. .
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Should still be under warrenty shouldn't it.?? . . Or is that has much use as the spindle.!!
    lol jazz, the list is getting longer by the day!

The Z axis wiring fracture is contagious, mine is just exhibiting identical symptoms.

There`s a cheep Chinese mill FAQ to be started here....
    Current small Chinese mill FAQ thoughts ;-)

Out of the box;
    Check the connections inside the control box.

( had E-Stop button connected to limit switch header on parallel breakout)

Check the bolts on the frame for loose or stripped threads.

(Stripped thread on carriage bolt, worked loose, no problem space to put bolt in place)

Check the life left on spindle brushes.

(couple of premature spindle failures reported)

Make up 4 core stepper driver and 2 core screened loom for Z- axis and spindle for when the original fails.

(early failures reported)

Cheers
    Adam
    Last edited by Musht; 27-02-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Todays update, its not Z-Axis wiring , its the Z-axis driver, new loom to z worked for about 3 seconds before the driver chip let the magic smoke out.

Guessing ite because tiny fan only breezes over X Y heatsinks leaving Z to cook itself.

Anyone got a spare TB560AHQ that they could sell, paypal waiting?

Sure you got the wiring right ? Seems funny if it worked intermittently but 3 seconds after you put a new cable on it goes Phut.

Wouldn't be the first time says John S who *has never ever * done this :whistling:
    John S -

Going to double check wiring and report back , but description of after `repair` action not entirely accurate.

It did same as it was doing , i.e. random reverse of commanded jog, then wirked properly for about 3 seconds before smoking the driver.

If anyone is familiar with the YOO CNC boards , take it green LED is +V supply and red is something to do with step, very flickery red LED on dying board just before smoking.

(edit) Now got a spare on the way thanks to another member :-)
    Last edited by Musht; 28-02-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Anyone know where i can obtain the original spindle motor carbon brushes from ? (other than waiting from china)

They are approx 6mm x 3mm x 10mm

Haven`t tried them yet but http://www.solenttools.co.uk stock a wide range of not cheap brushes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Musht For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Musht View Post
    Haven`t tried them yet but http://www.solenttools.co.uk stock a wide range of not cheap brushes.
    Thanks, looking at them this morning, trying to find a camera that works to send them a pic!

Thanks to another member purchased a spare TB IC in the post.

Easiest to remove them by snipping all the pins off the chip , then mop up the solder and pins off the PCB.

Mounting new IC is straightforward, it clips over the board and holds itself inplace whilst soldering.

Unfortunately in this case , didn`t entirely solve the problem, Z fine going down, stalls and whines going up, hmmm

Transfer to Y axis , whines, lack of power.

PCB back under the magnifier, toasted thin ground track from what looks like 1R0 current sense resistor, put wire in from nearest pad to ground pin.

Result, fully working Z axis driver board.

Just one wiring anomoly now, must have reversed ppahses because motor is runnig reversed, up is down and down is up, do I have to get the soldering iron out again or can I reverse it in Mach3?

Cheers
    Adam

P.S. Also contacted vendor, who has asked for a picture of the damaged board so that they can send me out the right spare part under warranty, have just repaired in meantime to keep running.

Quote Originally Posted by Musht View Post

Just one wiring anomoly now, must have reversed ppahses because motor is runnig reversed, up is down and down is up, do I have to get the soldering iron out again or can I reverse it in Mach3?
    Yep go to ports & pins-Motor outputs and change Dir lowactive. So if ticked un-tick or vise versa.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information