. .
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We are considering purchasing one of these chinese routers (CNC3040 K4) but are kinda wary about the quality and reliability of the units. This isnt helped by the obvious manipulation of ebays feedback system to ensure these sellers are showing 99% positive feedback by selling thousands of nail kits for 99p etc.

Have searched around but cannot find much information.

Would appreciate if anyone with knowledge of these units could give us some feedback about how the unit has performed and the buying experience. :confused:

I would also be interested in someone who has actually bought one and what they got.

The adverts are way out of context, some say high speed water cooled spindle but show brushed motors, some say inverters but show a set of brushes.
    I'm quite prepared to buy one and have to mess with it like a new controller instead of something that doesn't seem to have any support or spares but I'd like to know just what is liable to drop thru the door.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I would also be interested in someone who has actually bought one and what they got.

The adverts are way out of context, some say high speed water cooled spindle but show brushed motors, some say inverters but show a set of brushes.
    I'm quite prepared to buy one and have to mess with it like a new controller instead of something that doesn't seem to have any support or spares but I'd like to know just what is liable to drop thru the door.

I have the 3040 and Im happy with it, it has no problems with Al. Its a brushed motor and its a nice little machine for the price. I'll see if I have any vids of it in action.

Thanks Philly, does it come with any software?

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I have the 3040 and Im happy with it, it has no problems with Al. Its a brushed motor and its a nice little machine for the price. I'll see if I have any vids of it in action.
    Hi
    I'm new to the forum and to CNC. I've just taken delivery of a rather battered CNC3040. Can you tell me if it is normal for the X and Y axis motors to be very stiff to turn by hand. The Z is quite free. I've powered it all up and Z runs fine. The other 2 motors just make a humming noise. I've reconfigured the pins to drive X with known good channel Z but it still won't run. Do I suspect motors, wiring or warped drive chain. I will attempt to get a replacement but am not holding my breath.
    Any guidance appreciated.
    thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mugginsjm View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to the forum and to CNC. I've just taken delivery of a rather battered CNC3040. Can you tell me if it is normal for the X and Y axis motors to be very stiff to turn by hand. The Z is quite free. I've powered it all up and Z runs fine. The other 2 motors just make a humming noise. I've reconfigured the pins to drive X with known good channel Z but it still won't run. Do I suspect motors, wiring or warped drive chain. I will attempt to get a replacement but am not holding my breath.
    Any guidance appreciated.
    thanks
    John
    Wouldn't bother with replacement try for a refund and get or build something better.!!

Sounds very much like you have mechanical problems rather than Electrical if other Axis won't move when connected to Z axis drive. Very much doubt it will be dead stepper they are sturdy things and the fact you have 2 non moving Axis makes me think Mechanical.

So I'd start by removing the motors from screws and checking if they spin on there own drives with no load.?
    Then work back from there removing ballnuts from the mounts first and spinning screws to see if end bearings are binding or the ballnut it's self has jammed.
    It will become obvious whats causing the problem when motors are off.!!

Ballnuts! 1404 trapezoidal screws

I guessing they might be a wee bit stiff to turn by hand anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Wouldn't bother with replacement try for a refund and get or build something better.!!

Sounds very much like you have mechanical problems rather than Electrical if other Axis won't move when connected to Z axis drive. Very much doubt it will be dead stepper they are sturdy things and the fact you have 2 non moving Axis makes me think Mechanical.

So I'd start by removing the motors from screws and checking if they spin on there own drives with no load.?
    Then work back from there removing ballnuts from the mounts first and spinning screws to see if end bearings are binding or the ballnut it's self has jammed.
    It will become obvious whats causing the problem when motors are off.!!
    Hi thanks for the response. My hobbies are woodturning and electronics, with very little mechanical experience. Hence building one is a bit daunting. I did as you suggested and removed the motors. The X motor didn't run but then after re-installing it, it did. Wiring? The Y axis motor (disconnected from drive) would not run at all on any pins, obviously faulty. Is it normal for there to be lateral movement, maybe 2mm when I pull along the X axis by hand.
    thanks again
    John
    PS have asked for refund.

a link to the router would help a lot
    James

It depends what you want to make with the machine. They don't look strong (unsupported rails etc), but if you just want it for PCBs, engraving or other light work it will be acceptable. If it actually comes with a water cooled spindle and VFD then it's a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    a link to the router would help a lot
    Try searching 'CNC3040' on eBay.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information