. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thought I would try out viacad 2d/3d v8 as a product to create models and export stl/dxf. Not expensive so worth a punt......or not. Tried to use the website for a purchased download and failed. Went to their selling partners for uk. This consists of amazon where its not available, version 5-7 on other sites and 100% price hike on cadsoftsolutions. Take it they have no plans to sell in the uk.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

2. Bruce,

I don't know what is going on with that as I had no problem when I bought mine via internet. I can see that would be a big turn off and has me wondering as their forum site is also down at the moment for reasons unknown. Will have to see what is going on and hopefully they can fix it shortly.

Michael

I had similar problems when looking for a 3D program.
    Read the blurb about Viacad V8 and it looked good, filled the form in to get the demo which should have given you a link via email - no link.

Did it all again the following day and same happened.

Contacted Viacad direct and was told there is no demo for V8, the link doesn't work !

Sent back then why have a link on the page ? They repeated link doesn't go anywhere and he's a copy of V7 demo.

Wanted to try V8 as it had a lot of new stuff in but if this is how they treat a prospective customer it doesn't bode well. Didn't even bother downloading V7.
    John S -

Amazing! Cannot buy it cannot demo it ....thats the way to run a business.

Bruce

If you fancy something quite powerful for free then give medusa a go

http://www.cad-schroer.co.uk/Softwar...4/CADFreeware/

You need to keep in touch etc for the license but if get on with it then that would not matter. I have it running on linux ok (version4)
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

If you have a student in the family then buy Rhino 3D on student license it's super powerfull but yet easy and quick to learn.

You've probably seen some of the models I post up, Often I'll draw models in reply to post just to show what I mean because it's that quick. When you have become familiar with it then you can knock really accurate and models up in no time.

Quick update from punchcad. They can no longer supply this software in the uk. Not even as a download. So its either an old version of amazon or 3 times the asking price from cadsoftsolutions. Think I will have to pass.
    No where can I find a student...em

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    If you fancy something quite powerful for free then give medusa a go

http://www.cad-schroer.co.uk/Softwar...4/CADFreeware/

You need to keep in touch etc for the license but if get on with it then that would not matter. I have it running on linux ok (version4)
    Giving medusa a try. At least they want me to!!

9. Update folks,

I went to the Punch Forum and Let Tim Olson know what is going on and Nick from CAD Soft solutions as well as Tim have gotten the problem fixed and the price for ViaCAD 2D3D v8 is now for sale at £65 for a copy here in the UK. Which is a really good improvement, they are also self funding a 25% discount on upgrades for Shark FX v8 which if you have an earlier copy is a really good price of £221 for a full upgrade to the newest version which really nice software. So anyone who wants to can go look for themselves but the problem has been solved.

I am having fun learning how to use the Electronic symbols library that comes with ViaCAD for laying out the power supply unit I am building so that there is a detailed record of what went into it besides in my head.

Take care and keep cutting.

Michael

How the heck did you get them to drop their price by£100???? :surprised:

Never mind it may be better if dont know about your connections possibly involving horses heads on pillows:lol:

I have ordered a copy and hopefully will get it soon.

Thanks Michael

Bruce

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information