. .
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Here's the door mod which will roughly half the distance required from the wall and will allow me to get in at the back for clamping, cleaning etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Door Render.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	5378  

Hey Jazz, I'm a gnats left bollock away from signing a cheque to buy one of these 6040 routers from China.

Do you want to give me a quote on a better one or at least more bang for the buck ?
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Would it possible to visit you Jazz? Or someone else near Chesterfield to chat about these things and look at your setup? I know very little and that would be a huge boost for me.
    Ah ah if you seen my machine you'd say WTF how dare you speak.! . . . Thou It's more a case of judge me on what I do not what I do it on. . LoL . . It's not pritty but it's built very very strong and accurate.

To be honest I'm not keen on visitors(got my reasons which I won't go into on here.) but I'm more than happy to visit you and discuss or help things with your machine.

Regards the WC spindle you have obvisously felt the weight difference from the Kress and I'm sure this will have an impact on the Z axis the way it's setup at the minute.
    I honestly feel that you'll end up wanting to change this sooner rather than later when you get more into CNC and all the wonderful opertunity's it presents.

By the way I'd go for the WC straight away, they difference in noise alone is worth the trouble. The fact it makes the kress look like a toy is just a bonus.!!

Difference in noise isn't as great as some think.
    True the WC spindles are quiet, quieter than my air cooled high speed spindle but in use the noise of the cutter in the material is far higher than the noise of the spindles.

I do agree though that the Air or Water Cooled spindles are far superior than the Kress units and I have used all three.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Hey Jazz, I'm a gnats left bollock away from signing a cheque to buy one of these 6040 routers from China.

Do you want to give me a quote on a better one or at least more bang for the buck ?
    Ah ah . . . Now You Old Bastard(Said Jokingly & Warmly) I know, you know, I know that you know your just taking the PISS and I can't match our little Oriental friends on price. . . Easy enough to make a better one as you know but you could easily do that your self now can't you. .:whistling:

If your serious then PM me. . . . You even have my Email.???

it seems my posts are not being listed on the forum Hmm?

i did post several replies but they went to the moderators , i do not underestimate your knowledge but would like to see the pictures of the machines you designed & built ,your comment regarding you can build this machine with a drill press in a few days is highlighted & to be commended but i personally would not like to receive a CNC router used for precision machining that i payed good money for made with a drill press let alone made in a few days , this would be the difference between us we do this for a living & intimately know each component & there limitations that comes with the experience gained from designing & testing machines across multiple platforms to weed out all the bugs any CNC design must go through countless revisions to fine tune the design ,first & foremost we are a engineering company with a manufacturing facility that houses CNC mills , manual bridgeport mills & large colchester lathes & this is just in the tool room used for our jigs ,we know the tensile strength of each beam & have run hundreds of tests with the various sizes over the years so we can recognise the material structural limits ,the support you speak of are directly proportionate the the integrity of the beam used & as you use extrusion you will also know there are various suppliers & one suppliers heavy grade is an other's light grade we have tried & tested extrusion from 7 of the UK suppliers & know our extrusion comes from Germany i do fear you may be thinking it is a lighter grade than it actually is.

Another point is the heiz models these use unsupported rails on all axis even at 1400mm long they also have no where near the support ours have & yet they have a great pedigree & reputation we have only got to this point by endless testing of each machine in this range & please remember we offered this customer the hiwin supported rail upgrade we can only go with the customers decision & budget there is nothing currently in this price range for this size of machine & the price is very competitive also one does have to question your motives behind your criticism towards the machine whilst also trying to make a sale on this thread of supplying one of your own CNC routers to another user this speaks volumes
    i would also of understood your concerns if this was a general CNC router but it was not as it was for for the customers particular design spec of machining these high end speakers
    i do not wish to cause offence only the chance to reply
    pictures of your work would be appreciated for us all to see your own machine
    best wishes
    Last edited by Strike CNC; 18-02-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike CNC View Post
    it seems my posts are not being listed on the forum Hmm?
    ????

Your previous ones are showing?
    John S -

Hey John If I did this would you pay me £405 to deliver it from Barnsley like this these want. . .:rofl:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-6040-R...item2c5eac76e5

Sure, no problem if you make it for £805.
    It's their way of getting Ebay fees down, you don't pay fees on shipping. One thing about this Portsmouth mob is that the machines are in country and you won't get hit by any import, handling or VAT.

To be honest you would be hard pressed to make one for this total amount even if you threw your labour in at zero
    John S -

10. I live an hour from Portsmouth so have emailed them to see if i could pick up. see what that say.

Yes it does get the fees down, but you then get marked down on the DSR, and this will then effect your ability to sell on ebay.

Sure, no problem if you make it for £805.
    It's their way of getting Ebay fees down, you don't pay fees on shipping. One thing about this Portsmouth mob is that the machines are in country and you won't get hit by any import, handling or VAT.

To be honest you would be hard pressed to make one for this total amount even if you threw your labour in at zero

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information